8 | Mateo Kovacic - 2023/24

This thread is another example of people hastily pointing the finger at one or two players in particular instead of just giving it ten seconds and doing something else with their energy.

Kovacic was brilliant in his first handful of games and we were all in agreement that he was a worthy replacement for Gundogan, even if he wasn't expected to hit Gundo's heights for a bit yet.

Then he got injured, had a bit of a mare against Arsenal on an off day for the whole team, and has been injured again, playing the equivalent of one half of football in our last four games.

But for some reason he's getting more blame than anyone else, except for maybe Nunes and Gvardiol - two more lads who've only just arrived and are bedding in. This fanbase really doesn't add up sometimes.

In PL games Kovacic has started this season we're P7 W5 D0 L2. In PL games we've started with Kovacic and Rodri next to each other we've got a 100% record. It's obvious what makes us play our best football.
Too small a sample size to use the word obviously. Obviously.

He is kinda pointless in attempting him as an 8.

He cant shoot or offer any creativity in the final 3rd.

He is best used as a Rodri sub, paired next to a Bernie/Nunes who can push up.

Very good player

Started off well, never been quite up to speed since his back injury at in the first international break and picked up more since.

Get him back to full fitness and used to playing with us and he will be an asset to our team.

No idea why people are righting him off, he is top class just needs to get some games under his belt. Will need to chip in with some goals though even if he isn't known for it but hopefully that improves under Pep.

What does kovacic do??! Has no end product in the final 3rd, and defensively doesn’t seem to offer anything… can pass sideways yes and dribble occasionally well but we already have one passenger in the squad being grealish, can’t have 2. Enlighten me what am I missing I have never seen the hype in this guy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.