8 | Mateo Kovacic - 2023/24

For a team who aren't at out level, maybe. If we replace someone it should be at the same level or better. I'm not convinced (yet) that he is.
I think for the money we were willing to spend we have got ourselves a more than competent player with bags of experience and winning mentality.
Nobody was going to realistically come in and do the job Gundo did over his last 3 years. Even Gundo wasn’t that player early on in his career with us.
He’s slotted into our team pretty seamlessly I think and if not for the unfortunate injury early doors he’d probably have cemented his place in the starting 11 by now. As it is there’s still a few doubts from some quarters which seem to stem from his initial return which saw his performance dip a little.
I’ve a feeling he will be one of our many unsung hero’s by May.

I think for the money we were willing to spend we have got ourselves a more than competent player with bags of experience and winning mentality.
Nobody was going to realistically come in and do the job Gundo did over his last 3 years. Even Gundo wasn’t that player early on in his career with us.
He’s slotted into our team pretty seamlessly I think and if not for the unfortunate injury early doors he’d probably have cemented his place in the starting 11 by now. As it is there’s still a few doubts from some quarters which seem to stem from his initial return which saw his performance dip a little.
I’ve a feeling he will be one of our many unsung hero’s by May.

Both Kovacic and Nunes are better than many fans think or realise. Expect top performances from them in the final 2-3 months.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.