8 years ago today.

Watched the game at the bar at our regular Rhodes hotel....scared the life out of everyone round the pool when I jumped in with my City shirt on.

Seems like only yesterday.

What a team we had that day Vinny, Barry, Sergio, Yaya, Tevez, Dzeko,Nasri. That winner was so Dzeko, beautiful pass from Sergio and a sublime finish right in front of the City fans. Loved Sergios and Mancini's reaction after. Happy days.

Last edited:
Just sent a link to this thread to my daughter
Reply “it’s up there with one of the best 10 away days that one !”

Love a good Saturday away day v West Brom
Good drink in Wolverhampton first get the metro across

Dzeko was such an absolute beast for us. The QPR goal is so underrated but even more so is his 10 match or so streak in the 13/14 title win when Kun was injured and he stepped up and did the business. That Everton game where he scored the insane header at Goodison and then milked being injured, knowing they were a bogey team. Fucking class.

To my mind, even more important than QPR was his equaliser the season before away at Notts County in the FA Cup. 1-0 down with 10 minutes to go. The cup win that year got a monkey off our backs and tore that fucking banner at the swamp down. Without that cup win, I’m. It sure we win the title the following season.

But I still don’t get why Mancini benched him the game after he scored 4 away at Spurs

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.