80 | Cole Palmer - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Completely agree. He just makes things happen when he's on the ball. Nice to see him get player of the match @SebastianBlue :-)
Think that was very generous. Apart from the goal, I was not impressed with tonight’s showing.

Which is probably the first time I could say that about Palmer in the first team. And the only reason I am critical is I desperately want him to thrive at City and want him to capitalise on opportunities like this friendly to show he is deserving of more playing time.

I imagine Pep will publicly praise him, as he usually does with players, but he’ll be the first to tell him that was nowhere near his best outing, especially the first half. Particularly when it came to losing the ball and decision making in the final third.

I genuinely think he has the potential to be world class if he continues to progress and that depends largely on getting regular game time soon, preferably with us.

Loved his showing today and I was really impressed when nothing was on, he didn't make bad decisions or force the issue. He's a lot better at pausing it like Gundogan and David Silva.. much more mature than his age would suggest!

Loved his showing today and I was really impressed when nothing was on, he didn't make bad decisions or force the issue. He's a lot better at pausing it like Gundogan and David Silva.. much more mature than his age would suggest!

The fact he did get play in midfield ahead of Foden who supposedly has natural ability to play in there is very impressive from him to be given responsibility by Pep to play as midfield.

Do we see any realistic features in which he is given a start or are we expecting just some occasional minutes + cup games? Big hopes for him as a player with an aging Mahrez. Seems Pep might also be keen on the idea of having Bernardo on the wings now that Gundogan is in good form and a starter in the midfield.

He would walk into most Premier eague teams unfortunately he has stiff competition at the Etihad , he will have to fight for every start just like Foden had to , but he looks like he has all the attributes to follow in Foden's footsteps , he is confident on the ball and has an eye for goal
Our academy is producing some of the best talent around , but the pressure for success will always mean at least a couple of big signings will arrive every season , but if just one of the academy lads progresses to the first team every season it will mean so much to our support , home grown players are the cherry on the cake when we are picking up trophies.

Do we see any realistic features in which he is given a start or are we expecting just some occasional minutes + cup games? Big hopes for him as a player with an aging Mahrez. Seems Pep might also be keen on the idea of having Bernardo on the wings now that Gundogan is in good form and a starter in the midfield.
He started against Everton last season in the league as well as against WHU in the EFL cup. Also started against Swindon in the FA & Liverpool in the Community Shield. If not for his injury I suspect he'd have had more. Have no worries about Palmer getting starts and lots of minutes this season.

Top quality and can play anywhere across the front 5 positions.

He sent Kounde for a hot dog in the 1st half and a better shot (which is usually his best attribute) would've seen a lovely goal.

The move for his tap in was brilliant as well and the reaction he got from Gundogan said it all.

Palmer is a player.
And the way Palmer's facial expression didn't change at all.. had me rolling lol.

I think Palmer had a good showing, really liked him in the midfield. His ability to play so many different positions is invaluable.

His tap in towards the end looked simple, but he made a nicely timed move to be in that position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.