80 | Cole Palmer - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not sure I agree with your last few points. Every young player follows a different path and develops differently. We can’t just use foden as a blueprint for all of them. He’s a unique talent. He was also 2 years younger then palmer when he first started to get minutes.

I think palmer will get game time and will start some league games. He’s need to be coming off the bench more and starting some games. For players like Mcatee though, he’s too good to just be training - he needs first team minutes.

There’s only so much first team training they can do. Foden was training, but getting game time as well at 17/ 18.

Not saying there is one way but I think the ones we incorporate into the first team may well never go on loan.

That said I think McAtee could be one who goes on loan, if it is clear Palmer will be the one they are looking to find minutes for (be tougher with 2, but who knows).

Be great watching them develop and think we both have high hopes for them.

He was only on for a few minutes but interesting that Pep put him in KdBs position, I think Pep has total faith in the lad to play anywhere.
The wonderful assist apart....he could not have done any worse than Kev.

Hopefully he gets more minutes next game.

Does anyone know if he has injury issues in the academy? Or has this just been bad luck?

I really like Palmer, he's got the talent and seemingly the right mentality, but this is the year he needs to stake his claim.

We've got a relatively thin squad, and there are lots of games to go around. He's still young (turns 21 in May according to wiki) but at the age he needs to be breaking through - the opportunity is there for him, I just hope it's not injuries that hold him back

More concerning than the injuries is the fact he's picking them up without even playing, that's never a great sign. Would have got minutes today had he been fit. If you're not there to take these minutes others will jump ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.