80 | Cole Palmer - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else notice that he was reluctant it seemed to pass to Sergio Gomez the other night?
Probably disappointed as he was told he might be playing away with Gomez and thought it was this one. You'd be a little put out too.

selena gomez birthday ponytail.jpg

Needs football.

Coming off the bench for 10 mins every few weeks is pointless.

Far less talented kids are getting 90 mins each game.

I still don't see what is special about Cole a few years into him making appearances for the first team. Few flashes of skill here and there, few decent goals but nothing I'm sure loads of players in the academy couldn't also produce. People have been saying he's going to be better than Foden but I saw Foden play better at 17 than I have ever seen Cole play.

I just don't see a player that is going to be claiming a starting position in the first team. Maybe a loan would do him some good?

The boy is struggling on the left. Can pep move him to the right side?
I don’t even think it’s a positional thing with him. Cole has gotten to where he is because of his ability on the ball. That means beating men, scoring goals and making chances. Slowing everything down out wide is sadly something which seems to impact all of our wide men and it will certainly affect him. Haaland thrives on quick service and currently he is only getting that consistently from KDB. If Palmer is going to become a regular for us, he needs to get his head up and make an impact in the limited time he gets on the pitch. At the moment he is looking far more Mahrez like than Foden like and that’s not where he wants to be.

I still don't see what is special about Cole a few years into him making appearances for the first team. Few flashes of skill here and there, few decent goals but nothing I'm sure loads of players in the academy couldn't also produce. People have been saying he's going to be better than Foden but I saw Foden play better at 17 than I have ever seen Cole play.

I just don't see a player that is going to be claiming a starting position in the first team. Maybe a loan would do him some good?

When he has longer he contributes plus he has had a bad injury he needs 30+ mins it’s hard with this squad

He was far to good for academy football last season and now Peps trying to give him some minutes for us when we’ve got an healthy lead. It doesn’t help that Peps playing him on the left, he needs to either be on the right or in the middle. We should have sold Mahrez in the summer and properly promoted Palmer by giving him Mahrez spot on the right.

I don’t even think it’s a positional thing with him. Cole has gotten to where he is because of his ability on the ball. That means beating men, scoring goals and making chances. Slowing everything down out wide is sadly something which seems to impact all of our wide men and it will certainly affect him. Haaland thrives on quick service and currently he is only getting that consistently from KDB. If Palmer is going to become a regular for us, he needs to get his head up and make an impact in the limited time he gets on the pitch. At the moment he is looking far more Mahrez like than Foden like and that’s not where he wants to be.

I absolutely disagree. It's entirely positional IMO. Looks absolutely lost on the left. Mahrez would be the same on the left, even at his peak, or Grealish on the right. It's alien to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.