80 | Cole Palmer - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Talented. But like most of the young guys, tends to hold on to the ball too long and seems to want to be the one to do something special anytime he has the ball.

In most instances, a simple pass is what's required. Waiting to beat 2 men or holding on hoping to make the key pass often creates cul-de-sacs in the end.

Don't mean to be harsh. But it's already established that he is Uber talented. Mahrez type silky skills. But his decision making showed his youth. Both in America during the tour and when he came on.

Looking forward to him maturing and understanding whwn to pick his spots.

Talented. But like most of the young guys, tends to hold on to the ball too long and seems to want to be the one to do something special anytime he has the ball.

In most instances, a simple pass is what's required. Waiting to beat 2 men or holding on hoping to make the key pass often creates cul-de-sacs in the end.

Don't mean to be harsh. But it's already established that he is Uber talented. Mahrez type silky skills. But his decision making showed his youth. Both in America during the tour and when he came on.

It`s a fine line between trying to have a positive impact on the game and playing too safe as many have proved in the past. I think he`s doing just fine after his injury.

It`s a fine line between trying to have a positive impact on the game and playing too safe as many have proved in the past. I think he`s doing just fine after his injury.
Not playing it safe though. Just playing. I pointed this out during the tour. Of all the young guys on tour, only Rico Lewis seemed to get the balance right consistently.

He made plays when the opportunities arose, but otherwise focused on the fundamentals. Quick, clear early decisions and constantly reshuffling to stay open as a pass option.

Didn't surprise me when he started getting late minutes early in the season. All the other young guys Kayky, Josh, Delap, Mctee all seem to struggle a bit with controlling the 'hero' mentality' urge. And there is still lots of that in his latest cameo.

Not playing it safe though. Just playing. I pointed this out during the tour. Of all the young guys on tour, only Rico Lewis seemed to get the balance right consistently.

He made plays when the opportunities arose, but otherwise focused on the fundamentals. Quick, clear early decisions and constantly reshuffling to stay open as a pass option.

Didn't surprise me when he started getting late minutes early in the season. All the other young guys Kayky, Josh, Delap, Mctee all seem to struggle a bit with controlling the 'hero' mentality' urge. And there is still lots of that in his latest cameo.
Decision making throughout the first team,particularly in the final 3rd,could hugely improve.
While obviously we do great....our chance to conversion percentage is still awful

Brahim Dias. Tried to beat every player on the pitch until he lost possession.

I have the opposite view of him. I think he has had plenty of opportunities to force the more direct approach (similar to Mahrez and Cancelo holding onto the ball until they can get a shot away) but he tends to do take the sensible option and play the simple pass instead.

That's what he does in central positions, anyway. Out wide I guess there's more of an expectation to take on his marker or do something game changing.

I think it's very harsh to criticise young players for 'trying to do too much' it's natural for the lads to want to impress when they're given such a small window of opportunity at the end of a match that is already won.

I think Cole Palmer is a fantastic prospect, and truly believe he would already be a regular starter at most other premiership clubs, like Gordon at Everton. His decision making will be better when he gets some more starts in the League cup.

Anyone else notice that he was reluctant it seemed to pass to Sergio Gomez the other night?

That will come with more game time. He will want to impress every game, which is to be expected

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.