80 | Cole Palmer - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
My ganddad said Cole reminds him of Sandro Mazzola. High praise, not that I ever saw Mazzola play, decades ahead of my time.
That's a hell of a compliment given how he is viewed in the Italian game. I watched the available footage of Mazzola on YouTube and even from that you can see where your grandad is coming from.

Hmmm...sometimes I feel like we are talking about Lionel Messi here. The lad is still a kid, let's curb our expectations a bit, just a little bit.

I disagree.

A player of Messi's quality does not need mentioning in this situation,just a very good Prem quality one of which,from the limited opportunities so far given,Palmer has shown he can/will be.

Our expectations should be sky high,as the evidence suggests that is where his capabilities and potential lies.

His potential really excites me.

I think people get confused when they see "replace Sterling", most of us don't mean he will replace his output or playstyle, that's just impossible, he is just starting his career.

But he is replacing him simply as a squad member (with less minutes and as a backup to the starter Mahrez), and I'm curious where it goes, Pep and alot of fans see alot of intelligence in him.

And let's say he looks not ready, or mediocre (which I doubt because last season we already saw the talent), then it's pretty easy to just give Foden or Alvarez the backup RW rotation minutes to give Mahrez rest.

He was ready last season but unfortunately got injured. We’ve got the worlds best striker, Foden will keep on improving, Grealish second year so expect a much better season, South Americans best young striker and Mahrez who was our top goalscorer last season. Palmer should be Sterling’s replacement, we’re stacked as it is.

I disagree.

A player of Messi's quality does not need mentioning in this situation,just a very good Prem quality one of which,from the limited opportunities so far given,Palmer has shown he can/will be.

Our expectations should be sky high,as the evidence suggests that is where his capabilities and potential lies.
Spot on, completely agree.

I'm like a broken record with Cole. The kid's special.

His skill and finishing ability really are top notch. He's like the polar opposite of Sterling in many ways.

I've got a funny feeling that him and Haaland will have an amazing connection on and off the pitch.
If Haaland can understand what Cole is saying to him. He has the thickest Manc accent ever. Seriously though the kid has it all in my humble opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.