80 | Cole Palmer - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
style of play is 1:1 mahrez but i think he lacks pace to be an outright winger....he`s more a 8/10 hybrid...with a fast RB it could work as an inside/inverted RW...borges would be more suited to play LW than palmer

He's getting a lot of game time despite some mixed performances so clearly Pep is seeing good signs with him. His ability to manipulate space and time his runs is excellent, he's got a Mahrez-esque ability to shimmy his way through and dummy the ball to beat people or find that space for a pass. Decision making has been poor, he should have had a couple of assists/goals from recent performances but that will come. He got goals on his debut in the CL, FA Cup and league cup iirc so he had it at one point! His touch and technique are good and he presses well. The bits he needs to develop are the easy bits luckily. I'm surprised there's not a bit more support for him as one of our own!

He's getting a lot of game time despite some mixed performances so clearly Pep is seeing good signs with him. His ability to manipulate space and time his runs is excellent, he's got a Mahrez-esque ability to shimmy his way through and dummy the ball to beat people or find that space for a pass. Decision making has been poor, he should have had a couple of assists/goals from recent performances but that will come. He got goals on his debut in the CL, FA Cup and league cup iirc so he had it at one point! His touch and technique are good and he presses well. The bits he needs to develop are the easy bits luckily. I'm surprised there's not a bit more support for him as one of our own!

I’d play him on the right against Southampton.

Hope he makes it here, and obviously every player matures differently, but he's not developing or growing as a player. Plus, considering how much Lewis is playing, and how regularly Phil was playing by age 20, I don't see Pep trusting Palmer with a bigger role any time soon. He's still a bit weak and boyish out there. He's intelligent, he's certainly fitting into the system. But he still feels like he's not quite tying up his loose ends yet. He's got until the end of this season to start becoming a more trustworthy option, otherwise I do think we'll be looking to move him on.

He's made 27 career appearances. Vast majority of them as random sub appearances. How many starts has he made in his career? 10? 15? Dunno, but it's clearly no more than half that total which is nowt. He's clearly still very much at the beginning of his career, and having to learn new positions too. He's barely had any real regular game time, played in four positions - right wing, left wing, midfield and as a false nine - and had a serious injury keep him out for half a season. Why are people expecting the world from him? He's doing just fine and learning lessons out of position. No rush at all.

He has my support...anyone else? Step up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.