80 | Cole Palmer - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s bizarre to see posters writing him off already. Seems like no one has any patience.

Others saying he’s shown no potential either. Really? He’s had quite a few standout performances for us. He’s barely played and needs some game time
Who is writing him off?

It’s bizarre to see posters writing him off already. Seems like no one has any patience.

Others saying he’s shown no potential either. Really? He’s had quite a few standout performances for us. He’s barely played and needs some game time
Not bizzare at all, I don’t know if you have noticed but there are quite a few that know fuck all about football

Last edited:
There’s a few posts about it. Couple of pages back saying ‘But i just dont see him making it at city’
I guess I missed them.

I personally only said if he doesn’t work on improving his decision-making, he will eventually have to find his way elsewhere, as that is not something Pep has infinite patience for (especially when it comes to taking an option of the selfish type when an option that benefits the team is available, which he has been doing more as of late).

Executing poorly on an option that benefits the team or having trouble playing well in an unfamiliar position are not things Pep would be too worried about with a young player with bags of talent, as is the case for Cole. Pep can work to improve those situations.

But continually being selfish when given opportunities is not something Pep will suffer long. That is a mindset problem that only the player can correct.

Hope he makes it here, and obviously every player matures differently, but he's not developing or growing as a player. Plus, considering how much Lewis is playing, and how regularly Phil was playing by age 20, I don't see Pep trusting Palmer with a bigger role any time soon. He's still a bit weak and boyish out there. He's intelligent, he's certainly fitting into the system. But he still feels like he's not quite tying up his loose ends yet. He's got until the end of this season to start becoming a more trustworthy option, otherwise I do think we'll be looking to move him on.

He did Ok against Chelsea , but i wish he would pass to players in better postions rather than go for glory , but everytime Gallagher got near him Palmer made him look like a clown ,he kept the ball well and hopefully will also start against Southampton , still a lot to learn but he is being taught by the master.
Dotn think we wil lbe sending him out on loan anytime soon :)

Thought he showed glimpses of excellence and sloppiness last night.
Looking forward to seeing more of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.