80 | Cole Palmer - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Cole has been unlucky in what was a big opportunity for him. Was injured at times and when he did play seemed hesitant in situations where he would have been decisive if playing for the EDS.
I hope he gets more chances as he is certainly skillful and it would be great to have another blue playing regularly in the team.
Not sure what the best option would be for him next season. There may be a school of thought that he has had his first team shot and others like McAtee or Borges should get a chance.

I think Cole has been unlucky in what was a big opportunity for him. Was injured at times and when he did play seemed hesitant in situations where he would have been decisive if playing for the EDS.
I hope he gets more chances as he is certainly skillful and it would be great to have another blue playing regularly in the team.
Not sure what the best option would be for him next season. There may be a school of thought that he has had his first team shot and others like McAtee or Borges should get a chance.
Had a couple chances this season but was played in a position i don't think he's played much in either. I do think he has something about him, just not sure he will get enough game time to show it at City.

Needs a big game to get himself properly established, maybe a start at the weekend could be his stage? He hasn't quite helped himself this year . Only thing I would say in his defence is although he's 20 I think he may be a bit behind physically and still looks like a gargling teenager. I hope we will be patient and let him thicken up physically. Unless there's something we don't know about with his attitude think he'll finish up a very good player

Needs a big game to get himself properly established, maybe a start at the weekend could be his stage? He hasn't quite helped himself this year . Only thing I would say in his defence is although he's 20 I think he may be a bit behind physically and still looks like a gargling teenager. I hope we will be patient and let him thicken up physically. Unless there's something we don't know about with his attitude think he'll finish up a very good player
Yes, he is still very young but a genuine talent, IMO. Young players have dips in form, and patience is always good in those situations.

Not sure on what basis he would start this weekend? This is the business end of the season and no time for complacency. Unfortunately, he just doesn't seem good enough.

I must be watching a different player to most of you lot.

Whenever I've seen Cole play he has seamlessly just slotted in. He scored against Burnley too and it was a great goal.

He played and started vs Dippers in December and had a great game.

What's he done wrong?
Spot on. He barely gets a chance and gets played out of position a lot. When he does, we are often in the "cruise" mode and not at our best (Leicester last week). When he played for England under 21, he was the best player on the pitch. IMO he is a natural Mahrez replacement, long-term. He needs time, all young players need time. I hope he gets it here or gets loaned out somewhere else.

Spot on. He barely gets a chance and gets played out of position a lot. When he does, we are often in the "cruise" mode and not at our best (Leicester last week). When he played for England under 21, he was the best player on the pitch. IMO he is a natural Mahrez replacement, long-term. He needs time, all young players need time. I hope he gets it here or gets loaned out somewhere else.
If he has done anything wrong it is not taking his cool, calm finishing from the EDS to the first team.

He only has one goal from 608 minutes play and 12 shots some of which were very good chances. If he had converted a couple of those then his confidence would grow and we might see what he can really offer.

Unfortunately at the business end of this season the only minutes that he will probably get are as a sub if we are 3-0 up and cruising. He will probably not be in his favoured position and the rest of the team will be conserving energy for the next match and so limiting their attacking intent.

Not easy for him but he has to keep plugging away and do his best when he gets the chance which might arrive on Saturday at Wembley.

We shouldnt give up on yet he needs football and to me an idea choice would be on loan for a season at NYCFC he could settle quickly no language issues and would get his mojo back quicker I know the standard isnt great but its better than sat on the bench Hes been unlucky with the injury which set him back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.