82 | Rico Lewis - 2023/24

Brilliant player. A fantastic breakout season.

Personally I really like him at right-back but I understand why midfield may be suitable long term. I really hope he gets even more playing time next season.

City requested for him to rest this summer he is on his holidays
Not exactly. Even Rodri, despite his crazy number of games, played for Spain in the Nations League.

Carsley said: “We took Rico’s age into consideration - he will have a full campaign next year. He has played a part in City’s success. We gave him the experience in the last camp. We felt with Lewis Hall as well, we have to take into consideration the amount of stress and pressure they’ve had to deal with. And for his age it is important he regroups and gets his energy back for next season. At the moment, there are players ahead of him but he will play a big part in the future.”

Basically, it is a diplomatic way of saying his time will come, but this year, in his mind, was too soon for him.

Not exactly. Even Rodri, despite his crazy number of games, played for Spain in the Nations League.

Carsley said: “We took Rico’s age into consideration - he will have a full campaign next year. He has played a part in City’s success. We gave him the experience in the last camp. We felt with Lewis Hall as well, we have to take into consideration the amount of stress and pressure they’ve had to deal with. And for his age it is important he regroups and gets his energy back for next season. At the moment, there are players ahead of him but he will play a big part in the future.”

Basically, it is a diplomatic way of saying his time will come, but this year, in his mind, was too soon for him.

That’s England saying that not city anyway glad he ain’t gone

Who's ahead of him out of interest?

I don't know. I don't even watch it.
edit: according to a quick google search, it's Max Aarons and Ben Johnson. Infinitely less talent, but perhaps more physically developed.
The game I watched it looked like Garner a utd player, to be fair he was one of Englands better players unlike his team mate Gomes who was crap.
Hope Lewis gets more playing time playing at right back next season, would rather see him as a top right back than a good versatile player.

I don't know. I don't even watch it.
edit: according to a quick google search, it's Max Aarons and Ben Johnson. Infinitely less talent, but perhaps more physically developed.
Max aarons!? Swear he's like 26 haha. They defo have their favourites in the England set up... Rico will have a much better career than both hopefully

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.