82 | Rico Lewis - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d like to see him play at right back again. Great in the middle, but I’m not sure that’s his position long term

Should be playing over Walker. He's such a good progressive passer.

I still can't believe Walker was given that length of a contract for any reason other than Pep feeling wildly guilty for benching him in the UCL final.

I still can't believe Walker was given that length of a contract for any reason other than Pep feeling wildly guilty for benching him in the UCL final.

I think we brought his bluff over Bayern.

As good as Rico is, the one on one battles of Vinicius/ Mbappe Walker is the go to and Pep knows it (the unknown is when will his pace go).

Him and foden are the ones who are so good in tight spaces that can open things up for us when it's tight like today. After akanji cocked up for the first there were two times when Rico had found space and akanji should have played it into him (Rico could have then played Haaland in) but akanji didn't bother.

Another very good performance for him and very unlucky to score. Great pass to Doku for the winner. Brilliant watching him progress

Rico Lewis has got a brilliant first touch (like Phil).
His ability to be so calm on the ball is amazing for a lad of his tender age.
Am sure he will be a major midfield talent for City.
Whether he will play many times for England in midfield is doubtful with Southgate in charge, though...

People talked about Ake changed the game etc. But I think that Ake stopped us from losing more but the position switch of Rico was the real winner. Rico played very high up in the first half. The pressing pattern was broken because Foden Rico and Halaand were not pressing in the same way(not lazy but just not sync). A lot of gaps around Rodri. And their goalkeeper was not pressed properly. Then in the 2nd half he moved a bit deeper with Alvarez in front and it worked much better. Rico is wonderful in this inverted full back position.

I think that most of us would take Rico off for Alvarez while keeping Walker on. Then he will be blamed for the 1st half performance. But luckily Rico got the chance to play in his true position in the 2nd half nicely.

Last edited:

He got the contract because we couldn't afford to let another experience player leave plus his character in the dressing room even pep said that!

Fishing GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Played well last night. He's not scared of the ball and always makes himself available for the pass. He's got a bright future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.