82 | Rico Lewis - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Incredible talent. Can see him contributing in big games toward the end of the season.
Personally I agree with you, I think Rico Lewis is one of the most exciting young players we've had at City for a long time. His best position will no doubt become evident the more games he plays for us, he's had a couple of assists recently hasn't he and does look better in a more creative role.
True, he isn't the finished article yet, he is only 19 and even though he played for England (which did seem a bit too soon, though he certainly did okay) I think he has played less than 40 games for us so far.

He has to be starting games , our midfield and defence are being overrun and Rico has the energy and tenacity to help Rodri in the middle of the park , dump the Akanji in the middle project , it isnt working , Rico is a far better player for that position

He has to be starting games , our midfield and defence are being overrun and Rico has the energy and tenacity to help Rodri in the middle of the park , dump the Akanji in the middle project , it isnt working , Rico is a far better player for that position
Akanji is too slow of thought to play that role. I ageee that starting Lewis would be a good idea currently.

Has to start at the moment we need his energy, Rodri is knackered and looks like he is running in treacle, Akanji in the hybrid role is not for me, we look wide open when we lose possession and it's costing us big time.

Has to start at the moment we need his energy, Rodri is knackered and looks like he is running in treacle, Akanji in the hybrid role is not for me, we look wide open when we lose possession and it's costing us big time.

I think we need him in there and I think we need to stop with the Haaland and Alvarez combination. It would work with Stones in the side, but without him there's too much space centrally and I think we need Rico alongside Rodri for more balance and to put Alvarez on the bench. That also gives us the ability to swap Haaland for him in games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.