82 | Rico Lewis - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
he looks out of place again like he did against arsenal. him and alvarez in midfield just isnt good enough. one isnt a midfielder and the other is not ready.

No where near good enough and doesn't even show any glimpses of something to work with

Looks like a rabbit in the headlights, too small, too lightweight, and seems to be in the team to literally pass the ball to the nearest blue shirt regardless of the situation

Plenty of talent but not yet close to the level of playing games like that in the centre of midfield. Looked completely lost, should have been hooked at half time. Utter waste of time out on the right.

His lack of physicality is a real concern. He gets bullied off the ball so easily. Suspect defensively too. When we are not dominating, he tends to hide as well. 30 touches in 67 minutes is shocking in midfield. Passing was off, and he nearly got a red. I think he gets overhyped here because he is from our academy and English, but he would benefit from the hype being toned-down to something like Oscar Bobb standard, where he plays here and there, and we consider him one for the future. Not someone who starts against some of the best teams in the league like Arsenal or Villa.

Last edited:
Never will be unfortunately good enough in midfield, maybe right back but never midfield

I will get pelters but he gets in the team…when things are going wrong. He is used as some kind of wake-up call. It worked last year, god knows if it will this year.

I don’t rate him anything like others do on here. He’s a right back, who can’t defend and a midfielder that doesn’t do much of anything. He’s young but even now, I don’t see any scenario (unless we fall off a cliff) where he becomes a regular in this side.

Before people inevitably lose their shit…for years our RB has been the best in the business. Our number 8s have been the likes of David Silva, KDB and Gundo. It means that Rico has world class boots to fill. I don’t think that 1) he is good enough to do it and 2) will ever get the chance…we will never start a season where Rico is either our number 1 RB or number 8. Like I said, for him to play regular, it will mean that the shit has really hit the fan.

Lewis seems like a decent young lad and we all love him because he's from the academy. But he isn't creative, isn't strong, isn't fast, hasn't finshed any of the recent good chances that have fallen to him. He has a decent touch and short pass but that's about it. I hate to say it but I don't think he is a long term solution for any position at City.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.