82 | Rico Lewis - 2024/25

He was magnificent. My joint MOTM with Kovacic.

He has a Pep-level footballing brain, is supremely calm under pressure, and is much more athletic than many given him credit for.

And is still somehow criminally underrated on Bluemoon.

Has everything necessary to be a top level footballer for years to come.

Genuinely think that if he had been taken to the Euros—and played—instead of Mainoo (or even Trippier), England may have actually won it, even despite Southgate’s horrible tactics and Bellingham’s player-manager role.

Great game, he's 100% a midfielder but his future here lies as a fullback, that's how he becomes a regular and so he needs to work on the defensive side of his game which last season wasn't that great. Saw a marked improvement today and up against good players too, plenty more to come from him. Big season for him.

Ultimate swiss army knife player.

Right back, defensive midfield, attacking midfield, he encapsulates being a total football player.

He just needs time, he will read the game even better, be stronger, slightly faster, scary he is only 19.

Rico was my MotM today. Brilliant defensively, and always available for a pass, when we had the ball.

He moves effortlessly into midfield, and plays the rôle superbly.

It was great to hear Pep so effusive in his post-match praise of the young man.

It’s time for him to have a lower squad number.

Didn’t have him in my starting 11 for today but he proved me wrong
was absolutely terrific

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.