82 | Rico Lewis - 2024/25

I could ask you the same.

Any student of the game or anyone that has played football at any decent level knows that Gvardiol and Stones are as much (or more, in my opinion) to blame for conceding this particular goal as Lewis.

IMG-3466.jpg

IMG-3465.jpg

IMG-3467.jpg

IMG-3468.jpg

IMG-3469.jpg
I played football professionally mate so bang goes that argument, he didn't cover it, it was his fault, accept it.

I played football professionally mate so bang goes that argument, he didn't cover it, it was his fault, accept it.
As did I, and you are talking nonsense trying to blame Lewis solely for the goal.

I don’t know a single credible football tactician that would claim that based on any analysis you could do of that goal. It literally makes no sense. It ignores the evidence of your eyes (and the frames I and others have provided).

And I would put my mortgage on Pep agreeing with my stance over yours, by the way.

As did I, and you are talking nonsense trying to blame Lewis solely for the goal.

I don’t know a single credible football tactician that would claim that based on any analysis you could do of that goal. It literally makes no sense. It ignores the evidence of your eyes (and the frames I and others have provided).

And I would put my mortgage on Pep agreeing with my stance over yours, by the way.
Why is there only you who thinks he wasn't at fault ?

The early cross caught them all out I think. Sometimes a pass is just that good it’s difficult to blame anyone.
Sure, you can look back in hindsight and pick out certain aspects that might have been improved by individuals but on this occasion, the precision and pace of the cross and the decision to make it when he did instead of taking a couple of more touches is just one of those things.
Was a great goal.

Why is there only you who thinks he wasn't at fault ?
It isn’t only me, others have said they don’t think he was solely at fault (including @ChicagoBlue who also played professionally, by the by), I am just the one in here saying it right now, probably because I have far more time on my hands to do it these days. ;-)

Can you at least concede Lewis wasn’t solely at fault for the goal?

And also that it was just a brilliant Kevesque pass that could have resulted in a goal even if everyone did everything perfectly?

You can guarantee that if Walker had been in Lewis position he would be getting blamed by all and sundry for being responsible for the goal
And all and sundry would be wrong to blame him solely for the goal (as is very often the case when people just want a simple explanation for more complex situation; it’s easier to blame one person than to actually analyse and see the many contributors).

People losing their minds over Lewis being 'solely' responsible for the goal are forgetting it's a team game. He could have done better, but then we shouldn't have lost the ball in the first place.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.