82 | Rico Lewis - 2024/25

He's 20 next month, not thinking he's that good of a player isn't being harsh on him it's being honest. Sometimes I read the matchday thread and think I have stumbled on the Bellingham thread instead.
As a Liverpool fan, and well aware my opinion may be deemed unwelcome, he has been excellent in every game I have seen (I didnt watch today granted). He would be my 2nd name on the team sheet. Traore can make anyone - and I mean anyone - look like they are running in glue. Fortunately he cant back it up in terms of GA so it isnt all that important if he leaves you on your ass.

Love him. Adore the fucker.

But the sooner he’s not a full back, the better. There’s a gap to put him in midfield with Rodri and KDB out/needing more rest. He gets targeted aerially and also physically and he can’t win either of those unfortunately.

But his energy, confidence and ability on the ball will be fantastic in midfield. Hence Pep changing it quickly by bringing Stones on and pushing Walker to right back and Lewis higher up.
To be fair, he brought Stones on as Rico was having a mare. Good player but never a full back in a million years.

Been our best player this season, other than Haaland.
Can't be serious. He is so poor defensively. He is good when we dominate teams, but that's because he doesn't have to do defending then. I don't really like the Rico/Gundogan midfield either. Rico only works against certain teams, surrounded by certain players. Then, both RB or midfield works. Also, Josko Gvardiol has been our best player by a mile, surely.

If he wasn't English, and from the academy, people would call Rico...Sergio Gomez, and not saying it as as a dig , I liked Sergio Gomez.

He's great at fullback, but with Traore and Robinson on that side Walker was the obvious choice.

Can't be serious. He is so poor defensively. He is good when we dominate teams, but that's because he doesn't have to do defending then. I don't really like the Rico/Gundogan midfield either. Rico only works against certain teams, surrounded by certain players. Then, both RB or midfield works. Also, Josko Gvardiol has been our best player by a mile, surely.

If he wasn't English, and from the academy, people would call Rico...Sergio Gomez, and not saying it as as a dig , I liked Sergio Gomez.

What you're saying is that he's a squad player at best?

I'd agree with that assertion.

Yeah, I really don't understand the posters claiming that Lewis is better than Walker. For ball distribution? Yes. For assisting with the midfield roles? Yes, sure. For being in and around the pen box at crucial moments? Absolutely.

For being defensively sound and knowing that getting sucked into ball watching and using speed to recover against his man? Absolutely fucking not.

Let him play upfield!!
Walker and defensively sound in the same sentence is absolutely laughable.

I really wonder what player people have been watching for the last two seasons to say something as ridiculous as that.

Reactions: kun
I'm definitely serious. Gvardiol is a decent shout though. Rico has worked against 90% of the sides he's played against and today was his first subpar performance this season.

Perhaps. Maybe if we had played Gomez more we would see.

Fact is he played (and plays) more than Gomez and at a significantly better level than Gomez at a much younger age.

Tactically far superior. Gomez was more gifted at traditional wing play but Lewis uses the ball far more intelligently.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.