82 | Rico Lewis - 2024/25

As for Walker the speed he has left is more than what Lewis will ever achieve, so is STILL a better RB than he is. Cos his speed still gets him out of a defensively poor positioning, for 95% of the time.
It's too bad his speed didn't stop Rodrygo from scoring at the Etihad or Mainoo in the FA Cup final. Choose ANY goal from the ones we've conceded this season and multiple from last season, and his fingerprints are all over it.

I rate Rico highly as he is superb technically and looks a very bright player who , in my opinion , is being asked to play out of his natural position. Long term can't see him being a right back and expect he will play centre midfield in front of the DM. He has the quality to do it and he gets into some great offensive positions when he has the freedom to do it - just needs to find his finishing boots. Doing a great job filling in but am more excited about him moving up the pitch over the next couple of seasons which i think he will do.
this is a fair assessment of Lewis. but the position in front of DM is usually Foden. Lewis is not ready to replace Foden talking about shooting and ball control, fast pace etc. Lewis is promising but cannot take a serious role yet. his only starting position for now is LB or RB. it is more like a wing back when he plays. That position requires least discipline, not in full responsibility for defending in the box and not to blame for lack of final product. just contribute to number in defense and add variations in attack. This position needs a lot of running. Suits youngsters better.

It's too bad his speed didn't stop Rodrygo from scoring at the Etihad or Mainoo in the FA Cup final. Choose ANY goal from the ones we've conceded this season and multiple from last season, and his fingerprints are all over it.
I think you are referring to his decision making speed that seems to have been deteriorating much faster than his actual physical speed. I only hope it was a wake up call on Saturday that his feet wont come to his rescue no more, so he'll need to focus on his positional play if he wants to stay in competition for the place.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.