87 | James McAtee - 2024/25

In hindsight SU was a terrible loan for him. Shit team with shit football. If he was loaned to a team who played football we would of seen a superstar
I used to think this as well but I'm sure I read somewhere that pep was happy with his loan as he has learned to toughen up which is important as a diminutive number 10 - Spanish Dave was solid as nails when he was with us but not sure he was always like that. James already has the pausa and good in tight spaces that pep likes so maybe the club thought he needed to get experience with a physical team?

In hindsight SU was a terrible loan for him. Shit team with shit football. If he was loaned to a team who played football we would of seen a superstar
What he may have lost in terms of technical knowledge and skill development he gained in terms of grit and hard work. He is on balance probably in a better place following his time there. Sadly it is going to be hard for him to carve out a niche at City and he might have to follow the Palmer route eventually.

What he may have lost in terms of technical knowledge and skill development he gained in terms of grit and hard work. He is on balance probably in a better place following his time there. Sadly it is going to be hard for him to carve out a niche at City and he might have to follow the Palmer route eventually.
Agreed. If we have a fully fit squad, and a CL final coming up at the weekend, it's impossible to see anything better than a place on the bench for him. Shame, as he has the potential to carve out a decent career for himself in the game.

Agreed. If we have a fully fit squad, and a CL final coming up at the weekend, it's impossible to see anything better than a place on the bench for him. Shame, as he has the potential to carve out a decent career for himself in the game.
I think you both doing him a disservice there. I recall similar being said about Palmer one time or another, i think we have a potential superstar on our hands

I think you both doing him a disservice there. I recall similar being said about Palmer one time or another, i think we have a potential superstar on our hands
We'll see. Time will tell, I guess. Just out of curiosity (not having a pop; not about this anyway!); in the scenario I put forward earlier, who would you leave out to accommodate James? Bernie, Phil, Kev?

I don’t know about ‘superstar’, let’s just get him to being a steady Premier League squad player first. He’s not even at that level yet and he’s 22 in a few weeks.

We'll see. Time will tell, I guess. Just out of curiosity (not having a pop; not about this anyway!); in the scenario I put forward earlier, who would you leave out to accommodate James? Bernie, Phil, Kev?
Thats the problem. None. I wouldnt leave out any of them. Same as i wouldn't of left out anyone for Palmer last season. It could potentially be he flourishes elsewhere same as Palmer but hopefully Pep can find a way to fit him in maybe be bernardos eventual replacement?

Thats the problem. None. I wouldnt leave out any of them. Same as i wouldn't of left out anyone for Palmer last season. It could potentially be he flourishes elsewhere same as Palmer but hopefully Pep can find a way to fit him in maybe be bernardos eventual replacement?
It is an issue. As of now, he wouldn't displace anyone in our midfield, or any of the wide men (Wiki has him down as a midfielder or winger). Will he become as good a player as Palmer seemingly has? Who knows, it's certainly possible. Also, would he be willing to hang around and wait for a chance, when he sees what Palmer has achieved? Bernie has been leaving in each of the last two or three summers!

I wouldn't like to bet a tattoo on any particular outcome!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.