87 | James McAtee - 2024/25

In our short passing game he's competing on the right as a left-footed AM with Phil, Bernie, Savinho & Oscar.
On the other side Jack & Doku will always be picked ahead of him and in a couple of months Echeverri arrives.
He needs to play and for that he needs to move on asap.

Who knows what the season holds. He needs to keep working in training and grab his opportunity when it comes. He won't be short of suitors next Summer if he decides to move on so this season can be used to hone his game under Pep's tutelage.

Will definitely start against Watford but I’d like to see him off the bench against Brentford. Savinho may need time to adapt to the physicality in England and Doku is much better on the left, and while we know that Bernardo can go out on the right, it wouldn’t hurt to give McAtee game time out there as well, even off the bench. If he can mirror what Grealish does but on the right, then we can have Doku on the left and allow Bernardo and Foden to stay in the centre. I also suspect McAtee will dovetail nicely with Lewis and Walker.

In our short passing game he's competing on the right as a left-footed AM with Phil, Bernie, Savinho & Oscar.
On the other side Jack & Doku will always be picked ahead of him and in a couple of months Echeverri arrives.
He needs to play and for that he needs to move on asap.
He doesn't need to play, he's been playing for 2 years and it's put him further down the pecking order as he's seen the likes of Rico and bobb stay here not play and now they're playing ahead of him.

He needs to be around the team daily, accept he's probably not going to feature but take on board everything he needs to do to get himself to the level where he can make it here and show pep that in training. He's never going to show that playing elsewhere, no matter how well he does he'll always have to then show Pep.

In pre-season he said he needs to be here even if he's not playing much, i took that to mean he knows thats his path, loan players generally don't come back and go straight into the side.

we've got a big midfield overhaul looming, 33 yr old kdb, 34 yr old gundogan, 30 year olds bernardo and kovacic are all going to have to be replaced in the next few windows so there's an opportunity for him on the horizon, best thing he can do is take the cameo role this season, make an impression in training and put himself next in line so he takes one of those replacement spots.

If we sell him. He's never coming back

He doesn't need to play, he's been playing for 2 years and it's put him further down the pecking order as he's seen the likes of Rico and bobb stay here not play and now they're playing ahead of him.

He needs to be around the team daily, accept he's probably not going to feature but take on board everything he needs to do to get himself to the level where he can make it here and show pep that in training. He's never going to show that playing elsewhere, no matter how well he does he'll always have to then show Pep.

In pre-season he said he needs to be here even if he's not playing much, i took that to mean he knows thats his path, loan players generally don't come back and go straight into the side.

we've got a big midfield overhaul looming, 33 yr old kdb, 34 yr old gundogan, 30 year olds bernardo and kovacic are all going to have to be replaced in the next few windows so there's an opportunity for him on the horizon, best thing he can do is take the cameo role this season, make an impression in training and put himself next in line so he takes one of those replacement spots.

If we sell him. He's never coming back
Spot on , we’re going to be playing twice a week now from here on in, there will be minutes available for him to take - he just needs to take his chance when he gets them

He has time on his side.

We got some older players in his position, he just needs to play well in the minutes he gets, and the trust is clearly there.

It would be a nice dream to see a starting line up include:

Foden
Bobb
McAtee
Lewis
O Reilly

He's not good enough and the desperation for him to be good enough is weird. Unless he's your son. In which case fair enough. And anyone who thinks he was better than Palmer is a mental.
He’s barely kicked a ball this season and you’re saying he’s not good enough. I think that is more weird than City fans wanting another academy graduate to succeed.

He’s barely kicked a ball this season and you’re saying he’s not good enough. I think that is more weird than City fans wanting another academy graduate to succeed.
He's kicked balls for other teams though and I didn't see anything that makes me think he'll be a difference maker for us. I have been wrong before though!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.