9/11: Inside the President’s War Room - BBC / Apple TV+ Documentary

Imagine being in New York on that day and witnessing it all. It must have been so surreal, going into work as normal on a Tuesday morning to pretty much being in hell two hours later. Seeing both towers being hit by planes is one thing that you’ll never forget, but for them to both fall down in front of your eyes must have been terrifying.
An ex colleague of mine was. He was in NY on holiday and was in that area when the planes hit. He actually witnessed it first hand. Didn’t see the plane hit but heard the explosion and saw the aftermath then witnessed the 2nd explosion. Said he and his family made their way back to their hotel on foot which was in midtown and once in their room they had to stay there for days.

An ex colleague of mine was. He was in NY on holiday and was in that area when the planes hit. He actually witnessed it first hand. Didn’t see the plane hit but heard the explosion and saw the aftermath then witnessed the 2nd explosion. Said he and his family made their way back to their hotel on foot which was in midtown and once in their room they had to stay there for days.

Nobody should go through what they saw that day. The stories of people jumping and hearing them splatter on the ground must haunt them for life. Poor bastards.

This is an older but also very detailed documentary about 9/11 (also think it was originally a National Geographic film).

Inside 9/11

It an hour and three quarters long. But delves into who the hijackers were, sets the background and the scene to the whole thing. Excellent documentary, albeit quite old now.

The documentary that followed the Firemen from when the first plane hit was brilliant, but the sound of body's hitting the roof of the reception area was sickening

Four things have stuck in my mind all these years

The fireman priest who was in a lot of footage in the lobby , he died, the bodies hitting the ground as well

Flight 93 passengers , one mother saying she hoped her son would become a killer and kill the terrorists

The rows of drs and nurses outside the hospital waiting for casualties and none came , only eighteen were pulled from the wreckage of the twin towers

The miracle of stairway b

Those make me weep every time , i was very upset and anxious watching the doco series again yesterday , for my mental health this is the last ones i will ever watch

RIP

Interesting watch and challenges some of the standard perceptions of the bush administration, especially bush himself as an idiot, and rice, Cheney et all as a sort of neo-con occult described in farenheight 9/11. Having said that there is also a slight whiff of revisionism made easier by rumsfeld being dead. The truth probably lies somewhere between this and Micheal Moores analysis.

Michael Moore has been bending the truth and spewing out crooked versions of reality to suit his own political agenda his entire career. The dirge he puts out isn’t documentary filmmaking in any meaningful sense of the term.

His only valid contribution to the genre is giving Louis Theroux one of his early career breaks.

Interesting watch and challenges some of the standard perceptions of the bush administration, especially bush himself as an idiot, and rice, Cheney et all as a sort of neo-con occult described in farenheight 9/11. Having said that there is also a slight whiff of revisionism made easier by rumsfeld being dead. The truth probably lies somewhere between this and Micheal Moores analysis.
When I watched Fahrenheit 9/11 I also watched FahrenHYPE 9/11 as a counter-balance to some of the shite from Moore. There was probably just as much bollocks spouted in “HYPE” as “heit”, but there were also some first hand debunking of Moores lies on there as well.

FahrenHYPE 9/11 included real interviews with people that Moore put into his documentary (from selected, clipped and heavily edited video footage and interviews that Moore did not actually film himself nor did he have permission to use from those individuals) saying that the way Moore portrayed their views are not what they really think and that Fahrenheit 9/11 is not what it seems and Moore tried to put across.

There is something to take and some truth from both of “heit” and “HYPE” at both ends of the debate but, just like with most things political/socio-political, most of the truth lies somewhere in the middle of the two sides.

Last edited by a moderator:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.