9/11 where were you?

Yep this poor lady (only in her 20s on 9/11 I believe) died from cancer a few years ago. Would have breathed in some horrible, toxic shit.

View attachment 26078
On Jeremy Vine yesterday they had the head of the NYFD on, he said they lost 353 fire fighters that day but 240 plus had died since with related illnesses and they're expecting more, some would have passed anyway but those workers were heroes that day. I vividly remember that photograph.

Was sat in my office in Broadheath whilst my colleague and his wife were on their way to Las Vegas for a weeks holiday.

His plane was at the point of no-return over the Atlantic when all planes in US air space were ordered to land. They put down at St. John's in Newfoundland where they were accomodated in a local leisure facility for two days without access to the luggage. When flights resumed they had the option of going home or continuing to Vegas which they opted for not a single outdoor facility was operating as any noise put the shits up the yanks. That is one holiday he will never forget.

P.S. It was my 25th wedding anniversary that day, so I can never forget the date.

In a restaurant in Crete. There was a TV on and it came on the news, didn’t feel real, like some terrible movie.

On Jeremy Vine yesterday they had the head of the NYFD on, he said they lost 353 fire fighters that day but 240 plus had died since with related illnesses and they're expecting more, some would have passed anyway but those workers were heroes that day. I vividly remember that photograph.
Yes they were, traipsing up endless flights of stairs wearing heavy clothing and carrying even heavier gear to fight a fire they did not have a cat in hell's chance of putting out. It takes a special person do that, may they all rest in peace.

Living in Wimbledon at the time, working largely from home. Came down, put the news on tv. No work got done that day.
Emergency workers absolute heroes.
Changed the world. Britain now has 35,000 ppl on the watch list.

Must have been about 4:30ish when I was walking back from the town with some shopping. When I over heard two people saying it was shocking what was happening American.
So when I got back I put the tv on.

I can remember thinking shit things are going to get bad now. And thinking this is what happens when you keep trying to get the world to live the way you want them to. America imposing it views on other countries.

I remember, not on the day but the day after, I was on the bus going to work and over heard a woman proudly boasting she told her staff to stop watching the t.v and get back to work. Not only a heartless woman but so proud of the fact, she told half the bus.

Got home from school and walked in the living room to see my dad sat on the living room floor, fixated on the TV. I knew straight away that something big had happened because he never watched the news. The only other time I remember was when Diana was killed and that was more a case of channel hopping to try and watch something else.

Fast asleep in bed. Was living in Australia at the time so it all happened overnight there. Remember getting up in the morning, putting the TV on and genuinely spending a couple of minutes trying to work out why there was an action movie on there at that time. The slow dawning realisation that it wasn't a film was a very odd moment.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.