9 | Erling Haaland - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nobody else on the planet gets to that first goal, his movement, pace and reach gets him there, anybody else fails to get there. Despite the fact we were camped in their final third for most of the game I noticed more space and opportunities to play him in than in the league. Soon as we learn when to play those balls it will be a massive weapon in the latter stages when we're playing top quality opposition.
Was thinking the same about the first. Ridiculously hard ball to get to made to look easy.

Nobody else on the planet gets to that first goal, his movement, pace and reach gets him there, anybody else fails to get there. Despite the fact we were camped in their final third for most of the game I noticed more space and opportunities to play him in than in the league. Soon as we learn when to play those balls it will be a massive weapon in the latter stages when we're playing top quality opposition.
I actually thought kev had fucked up the cross. He twatted it waist height but like you said, Haaland wasnt letting that go begging. He lives to score

Look at his movement on the 2nd. Purposeful run to the near post after he gave Foden the ball. Then when his run has to end as he goes offside, he instinctively knows he has taken all their defenders to the near post, so he peels off to the back post in anticipation of something coming there. Just brilliant.

Does Harland have some kind of magical powers, like an invisibility cloak? How else does a huge 6’4” blond Viking who every player on the pitch knows is the biggest goal threat manage to appear in so much space at the same time as the ball arrives with such regularity?

Is there anybody better in world football at their job?

Obviously it’s not that simple, but if you simplify it down to a goalkeepers job is to keep the ball out, a defenders job is to defend etc.

I would say it would be extremely difficult to find anybody in football right now in any position that is better at their primary job than he is.

Me three. It’s fucking mental, I imagine a little bit of the rest of the world dies inside every time they see his name on the scoresheet! Haha!
I literally thought the same thing!

People see 1-0 after 20 mins and Haaland, and just shrug and say, “Of course he did, ffs!”

At 3-0 and Haaland (2) and Foden, they’re just realizing they’re still about 6-7 YEARS from their “prime,” yet killing it every week!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.