9 | Erling Haaland - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s quite astonishing the number of times he finds space in the 6 yard area.

For a tiny area of the pitch, there are so many times where he is completely unmarked. Of course, this is related to his movement, but that movement so instinctive.

The ball bounces off an opposition player, and he’s there unmarked, or the ball can be scuffed (like Stonesy did a couple of games ago) and he’s there by himself ready to tap it in, or Kev puts in a wicked cross (like the first goal last night) and suddenly that long leg appears from nowhere!

At first I thought there must be an element of luck because he always seems to be unmarked and rarely off side. But now I realise it’s innate.

In all my years of watching football I’ve never seen a player like this lad, and with three 22 year olds leading our line and even younger players like Palmer in the pipeline, the future is indeed a bright, beautiful blue.

For a tiny area of the pitch, there are so many times where he is completely unmarked. Of course, this is related to his movement, but that movement so instinctive.

The ball bounces off an opposition player, and he’s there unmarked, or the ball can be scuffed (like Stonesy did a couple of games ago) and he’s there by himself ready to tap it in, or Kev puts in a wicked cross (like the first goal last night) and suddenly that long leg appears from nowhere!

At first I thought there must be an element of luck because he always seems to be unmarked and rarely off side. But now I realise it’s innate.

In all my years of watching football I’ve never seen a player like this lad, and with three 22 year olds leading our line and even younger players like Palmer in the pipeline, the future is indeed a bright, beautiful blue.
Ah yes - the telescopic leg! Been discussing it with a few mates since his opener against Forest last week when his leg just seemed to extend so much to get on the end of the ball into the box.

As you say, it's uncanny how he manages to find so much space in that 6 yard box. All great strikers have that instinct to know where to be but movement-wise he looks to be on an entirely different level to anyone I've seen before.

Move over Arnie - the real Terminator has arrived!

Last edited:
Ah yes - the telescopic leg! Been discussing it with a few mates since his opener against Forest last week when his leg just seemed to extend so much to get on the end of the ball into the box.

As you say, it's uncanny how he manages to find so much space in that 6 yard box. All great strikers have that instinct to know where to be but movement-wise he looks to be on an entirely different level to anyone I've seen before.

Move over Arnie - the real Terminator has arrived!
Thought when we signed him he was being over hyped
How wrong I was
But so happy I was
12goals and only just in September

incredible start so far!

Not sure whats the sudden fascination with counting the number of times a city player touches the ball! They dont do it for any other player???
are they trying too say hes not getting involved enough?
or are they trying too say hes incredible for scoring so many without hardly touching the ball??

The RDAHMeedya are going over his performances with a fine tooth comb, a microscope and latterly with an electron microscope to the point where they can tell you how far he was from the goal line with his shot - to the nearest millimetre. I don't recall Andy Cole and Dwight York being so forensically examined. The Rag Diaspora just revelled in the goals.

incredible start so far!

Not sure whats the sudden fascination with counting the number of times a city player touches the ball! They dont do it for any other player???
are they trying too say hes not getting involved enough?
or are they trying too say hes incredible for scoring so many without hardly touching the ball??
I think they are hypothesising that you shouldn't be allowed to score unless there has been a minimum number of touches before, between (if a second goal ensues!) and after! Unless this criterion is met the goal(s) is/are scrubbed.

This. The kid is ice cold and has the patience of a saint.

He just knows a chance is going to come at some point and he's almost always ready to pounce when it does.

Remember all those games last season where crosses went flying across the six-yard box again and again. It became a standing joke where I sit so we used to shout out 1-0 Haaland..then 2-0 Haaland etc etc everytime it happened. I don't think it has happened once this season. We knew what would happen when we got the Viking God.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.