9 | Erling Haaland - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is scoring a tiny bit too many goals for my liking, as a proportion of the whole team goal-scoring effort. But I like the lad, I like him a lot, and I just hope he keeps smashing them in. But yes, I miss that false nine helter-skelter thing from the previous two seasons.

There is when they constantly compare Haalands touches with Lukaku at Chelsea last season , hardly flattering

Perhaps, on what I've read it comes across as more exasperation. As in people were hoping if you limit the amount of touches he has and make him an outlier in that respect in a Pep team then you'd be able to stop him.

What should frighten them is that it's true, at times he looks out of the game... but he's still scoring at phenomenal rate. Imagine what he'll be like when the he and team gel even more...

Song for Haaland? (To the tune of She's Electric)

He's elastic
All of his goals are fantastic
He'll get many hatricks

Struggling for a last line though ;-)

Perhaps, on what I've read it comes across as more exasperation. As in people were hoping if you limit the amount of touches he has and make him an outlier in that respect in a Pep team then you'd be able to stop him.

What should frighten them is that it's true, at times he looks out of the game... but he's still scoring at phenomenal rate. Imagine what he'll be like when the he and team gel even more...

What are these critics of Haaland expecting him to do, run around like a headless chicken dropping into midfield or going out onto the touch line to get the ball? That’s not how it works, he stays central and has two defenders occupied. Did anyone see Shearer directing a game like David Silva, that’s not what a front man does. A big criticism of Harry Kane is that he looks anonymous in games then all of a sudden he pops up and scores.

What a privilege it is to watch Haaland, I couldn’t care if we don’t win anything this season, it’s enjoyable watching him pop up out of no where with even more audacious finishes week after week.

What are these critics of Haaland expecting him to do, run around like a headless chicken dropping into midfield or going out onto the touch line to get the ball? That’s not how it works, he stays central and has two defenders occupied. Did anyone see Shearer directing a game like David Silva, that’s not what a front man does. A big criticism of Harry Kane is that he looks anonymous in games then all of a sudden he pops up and scores.

What a privilege it is to watch Haaland, I couldn’t care if we don’t win anything this season, it’s enjoyable watching him pop up out of no where with even more audacious finishes week after week.
Agree apart from about Kane. Bet he has double to treble the touches Haaland has today. That’s not a criticism of Haaland why would we want him dropping short when we’ve got great footballers like KDB, Gundo and Bernie on the ball in a game we’ll dominate! Kane is a superb passer though but as Carragher said forwards start dropping much deeper generally when they don’t have the pace to run in behind.

The upside of the big man only touching the ball half a dozen times a game is not only his ridiculous goal return for such lack of percieved involvement but he is surely less likely to get injured.
Injury is the only thing that wlll stop him smashing every Premier league record going , if he stays fit and plays over fifty games this season he will average a goal game ive no doubt about that, ive seen some truly great strikers in my time in the flesh Trevor Francis , Greaves , Muller , Shearer , Aguero , Rush , Rossi , Lewandowski and many more but this lad is different gravy , i know its early days but what he has shown so far in what is supposedly the most competitve league in the world is stunning , and he wears our shirt , how good is that ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.