9 | Erling Haaland - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Jonah Lomu of football.
This says so much with so few words. I think that's the best description for Erling. Like Lomu he is playing the same game as the rest but just a completely different level.
It's quite interesting to see just how high his star could go. I don't think City have ever been in this position before - we have never had a player who not only will be/is close to the best in the world but actually a level above that (if that makes sense).
There was talk about massively increased sponsorship/marketing/global impact if we got Messi a few years ago - well now we have Haaland.
I think it is happening now that apart from bitter and jealous red shirts, Erling is so good that any shit thrown at City just does not stick. Because we've got Erling Haaland!
I assume City have seen the commercial possibilities

I have been trying to recall if I've ever seen an athlete show up in the top level of a sport and immediately impact everything about it. The sort of arrival that sends shockwaves through the entire sport and necessitates changes by every other team to try to counter that player. The kind that forces those teams to change their entire recruitment strategy.

The only analog of Big Blondie I've seen in my lifetime is when Shaq joined Orlando as a 20 year old rookie and the entire NBA had to change because of him.
Said above mate. Jonah Lomu. You can add Messi as well.

I think I saw a Stat that said Haaland is averaging a goal every 48mins. That's ridiculous. He's going to get 5 in one game this season he's just to good.

Just heard Dennis Tueart talk about him being the worlds best number 9. He kept talking about City as ‘we’. I just love it.

A love letter from Carragher to Haaland tonight on Monday Night Football. Lauds him for the phenomenon he is.

Says he’s scaring defenders with a ‘Haaland factor’ that makes them not want to be embarrassed rather than concentrating on actually defending and stopping him. Compared him to how he felt against Henry.

Neville says he’s one of those players that you have to go and see while he’s in the league.

We’ve had some ridiculous players over the years but the attention he’s getting is next level. I’ve felt like I’m watching greatness with Silva, KDB, Aguero, Toure in their prime but this just feels different for some reason.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.