9 | Erling Haaland - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ll wait to see if Haaland could ever score a goal like this.

I can only assume you haven't seen some of his goals for Dortmund? Go and look at the volley he scored against Schalke. Did Serg ever score a goal like that? That's not a slight on Serg by the way; he's beloved at City for a reason.

Both are/were capable of individual brilliance. But let's have it right, Haaland is better than Agüero. We're talking about someone who could become the best of his generation. As wonderful as Serg was, he never entered those conversations.

I can only assume you haven't seen some of his goals for Dortmund? Go and look at the volley he scored against Schalke. Did Serg ever score a goal like that? That's not a slight on Serg by the way; he's beloved at City for a reason.

Both are/were capable of individual brilliance. But let's have it right, Haaland is better than Agüero. We're talking about someone who could become the best of his generation. As wonderful as Serg was, he never entered those conversations.
Have you read the rest of the thread?

If Haaland brings the UCL-trophy with a game-winning goal, it'll outshine Aguero's 93:20 moment.

The more I think about it the more this comment winds me up.

It wouldn't even be as important as dickovs goal or the yaya derby semi goal.

It's not about the competition or the ability level of the player. It's about momentum shifts and ending long eras of hurt.

Haaland will more than likely end up a better player than aguero and depending on the length of time he's here he could break Aguero's tally and win more stuff, but that doesn't necessarily make him a legend. The leap from serial league winners to winning the champions league for the first time just isn't as big a leap as 40 odd years without winning a league to winning it against your rivals in the last seconds of a game from 2-1 down.

Last edited:
Strange game football. Erling has scored nearly twice as many league goals than Kane, yet Kane’s have won his team 2 more points than Erling

Shame about ‘only’ getting 1 goal but again got in the positions to get at least 3 and, as we know, on another day he gets a hat trick.

One of his biggest assets is drawing defenders away. Mahrez getting a free shot from 8 yards out doesn’t happen last season really, both centre halves attending to Haaland instead.
Same for foden chip he drew the 2 centre backs to him

The more I think about it the more this comment winds me up.

It wouldn't even be as important as dickovs goal or the yaya derby semi goal.

It's not about the competition or the ability level of the player. It's about momentum shifts and ending long eras of hurt.

Haaland will more than likely end up a better player than aguero and depending on the length of time he's here he could break Aguero's tally and win more stuff, but that doesn't necessarily make him a legend. The leap from serial league winners to winning the champions league for the first time just isn't as big a leap as 40 odd years without winning a league to winning it against your rivals in the last seconds of a game from 2-1 down.
Not arsed one little bit over who is or isn’t the better striker , just glad we had the privilege to watch Aguero for so long and now we have Haaland.

You’ve gotta love how annoyed he is at Cole Palmer when with City leading 4-0 in the 90th minute Cole has the temerity to have a pretty decent shot on target rather than play it across to him.

He’s a goal scoring terminator, he can’t be bargained with, he can’t be reasoned with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.