9 | Erling Haaland - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's definitely a world class striker but I'm not sure if his playing style fits Pep's football philosophy even when he kept on scoring goals.
Then pep needs to alter the way we play to accommodate a world class player who is a goal machine.

Easy? Maybe not for a mere mortal but for a genius manager it shouldn't prove impossible;-)

He'll be begging to go Madrid if we don't start supplying him.
The kid wants the ball, he wants to score goals lots and lots of goals.
In all seriousness I’d be starting to get pissed off if I was him. We’re facing parked buses almost every week now, with the supply lines to him pretty much completely cut, and seemingly with manager and team mates having no idea how to circumvent the blockade. How many times did he touch the ball again today? A dozen maybe? His task looks rather a thankless one at the moment

In all seriousness I’d be starting to get pissed off if I was him. We’re facing parked buses almost every week now, with the supply lines to him pretty much completely cut, and seemingly with manager and team mates having no idea how to circumvent the blockade. How many times did he touch the ball again today? A dozen maybe? His task looks rather a thankless one at the moment
Like any striker goals bring joy/happiness.
He's going to end up with depression if this carries on

Wouldn't surprise me if he scores less than 10 more goals from now until end of season.

This team is devoid of ideas. We've gone from creating chance after chance after chance and watch Sterling and Mahrez etc miss sitters. Chances that Haaland would gobble up. To a team that is boring to watch and creates fuck all.

I think this team has run its course and a rebuild of sorts is required. It's as stale as an old loaf and it's sad to see.

100%. I’d be livid if I was him. Hit the ground running when he got here, and we have changed our system and made it harder for him, and him far more isolated.

The bottom line is Haaland needs to adapt to our needs rather than us adapt to him. If he doesn't score and we don't win what have we got?

A deluxe player that's largely ineffective. He needs to link up with midfield better instead of being a goal hanger target man. Guardiola made Aguero work harder,(and it worked) time to get Erling working harder to drop back and put a shift in instead of being up top and most often marked out of the game

The bottom line is Haaland needs to adapt to our needs rather than us adapt to him. If he doesn't score and we don't win what have we got?

A deluxe player who needs to link up with midfield better instead of being a goal hanger target man. Guardiola made Aguero work harder,(and it worked) time to get Erling working harder to drop back and put a shift in instead of being up top and most often marked out og the game
Bollocks WE decided to buy him. He’s a 6ft 5 centre forward if we wanted someone to play a false 9 then buy someone who does that. I’d be pissed off if I was Haaland

A deluxe player who needs to link up with midfield better instead of being a goal hanger target man. Guardiola made Aguero work harder,(and it worked) time to get Erling working harder to drop back and put a shift in instead of being up top and most often marked out og the game
Along with his team mates and Pep to some extent (although he isn't going to abandon his approach that served him well in his managerial career)

A deluxe player that's largely ineffective. He needs to link up with midfield better instead of being a goal hanger target man. Guardiola made Aguero work harder,(and it worked) time to get Erling working harder to drop back and put a shift in instead of being up top and most often marked out of the game
That's a bit like George Graham when he signed Ginola and whinged that he didn't work hard enough.

What was he expecting from a world class goal scorer who does all his good work in the box? Fucking Zola

We've gone from creating chance after chance after chance and watch Sterling and Mahrez etc miss sitters.

Infuriating really isn’t it? I feel for him, he’s doing nothing different than he was at the start - making the same runs he was, same positions - but the team is blunt in terms of creation.

Reliance on KDB too high? Maybe. But there’s a lot of other players on the pitch who should be able to create.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.