9 | Erling Haaland - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haaland now has 25 league goals at roughly the half way point in the season. In Aguero’s 10 seasons at City he scored 25 league goals only once - in 2014/15 when he scored 26.

So in a nutshell, Haaland is 1 goal short of Sergio’s best ever season, despite only being 20 games in.

Thought he might be reverting to the mean for a moment there.

25 goals - 10 ahead of where Salah was at this point during 2018. Haaland could not score for the next 10 games and he'd still be ahead of Salah's record. If he continues at his current run-rate he will beat the PL record in 6 games with about 3 months of football still to play (v Newcastle on March 4th).

He is on track to score between 46-48 goals, a bit of a drop-off from where he was... I've always said I think he'll finish at around 40 and I still think that's the case. That would still be absolutely mental considering the goal record has improved by only one goal in 30 years of Premier League football.

Screenshot_20230122_160755.png

And the ill-informed media think we'd be better without him; laughable. He's a goalscoring prototype. Somewhere, hidden away in the forests of Norway, there's a lab where he was created.

Think he's got a game in him this season where he runs rampant and scores 5 in a half or something ridiculous

We just have to get the ball to him ,it really is as simple as that. Pep can tidy up his first touch, or get him to see more space than he is seeing currently ,but he is never going to make him a better striker in the sense of scoring goals it is a gift born in a lab and powered by a super cray computer not even Pep can improve on that goal instinct .

Think he's got a game in him this season where he runs rampant and scores 5 in a half or something ridiculous
I agree. I'd like him to score a double hat. trick. Aguero was well on the way to to doing it after scoring 5 against Newcastle but pellegrini decided to take him off on 60 minutes, a decision that pissed me off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.