9 | Erling Haaland - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quite sure the main reason we signed Haaland was to make the difference in the Champs league but his output in the Premier league has been ridiculous , if we fail to win the title but win Big Ears then his signing will be considered a huge success , if he scores 50 goals and we win nothing it will be a great personal achievement , and that's all.
It will also mean he will be the first £200m player unless there is a release clause less than this amount

He's been sussed out now. Be lucky if he scores anither 10 goals from now until the end of the season. We just simply are not playing to his strengths.
Sussed out? Lol.

He's scored 4 goals since you wrote that, only another 6 to go. I wouldn't be surprised if he scores another 6 by this time next month. Not bad to say we're not playing to his strengths: )

Good point, but I still feel it’s a different type of goal.

It’s probably just me, just don’t feel he has returned after WC the same as he was before (bar last couple of games when he seemed to have an injury).

There was a time when it just seemed ball went into the box he was there.

I am aware his record is unbelievable, just don’t think it’s gelling yet and in someways if I am right it’s pretty scary if they do get it to.
Five weeks and five days he went without playing a proper game from Brentford in the Prem to Liverpool in the EFL Cup and it ruined the rhythm he was in and that the team had with him.

I thought he and Foden were building a bit of understanding n’all but the World Cup has killed Foden’s form.

Haaland didn’t even have to do much to score that hattrick today. Imagine if when he actually finds rhythm again and gets some decent consistent regular service from his teammates. He could easily beat Kun’s five goals in a game.

25 GOALS in 19 games.

25 goals would win the golden boot in 16 out of 30 Premier League seasons.

It's January.

It's January and we lost a month of the season to the world cup too! Last season our 20th fixture was the end of December.

It's January and we lost a month of the season to the world cup too! Last season our 20th fixture was the end of December.
Aguero had 10 seasons at City and only scored more than what Haaland currently has… once! Loads of fun ways to frame how ridiculous his goal tally is, but I like comparisons to what Aguero managed, as we remember how incredible he was. Well Aguero’s best tally was 26, Haaland is only 1 goal off Aguero’s peak. And he’s only had a half season.

Aguero had 10 seasons at City and only scored more than what Haaland currently has… once! Loads of fun ways to frame how ridiculous his goal tally is, but I like comparisons to what Aguero managed, as we remember how incredible he was. Well Aguero’s best tally was 26, Haaland is only 1 goal off Aguero’s peak. And he’s only had a half season.
In 1998, Michael Owen won the PL golden boot scoring at a rate of 0.5 goals per game.
In 1995, Alan Shearer scored the record for most goals in a PL season, at a rate of 0.81 goals per game.

Add them together and you get 1.31 goals per game. Haaland is currently scoring at a rate 1.32 goals per game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.