9 | Erling Haaland - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Night everyone!!

Just to put it out there, won’t be best signing ever if he scores tonight or flop if he doesn’t.

Sadcafe have a thread on Erling, called Erling Haaland Man City watch .This morning the penny dropped and reality hit them hard, they are not happy that they are going to have to watch basically a rerun of the Bayern goal week in week out, and i couldnt be happier !!

Sadcafe have a thread on Erling, called Erling Haaland Man City watch .This morning the penny dropped and reality hit them hard, they are not happy that they are going to have to watch basically a rerun of the Bayern goal week in week out, and i couldnt be happier !!
But then you just gets posts like this one..

There is always this conundrum with Pep. Is he a very good coach or a very good tactician? I saw Haaland today, and he was playing as much non-Halaandish as you can expect from him, thanks to Pep. The guy takes the ball bulldozes towards the goal and rips the net for Dortmund. Today he looked like a Tall White Raheen Sterling trying to square balls to non-existing players.

Pep's system is so dominating at times players look repressed serving it. The system itself is great and attractive, but I do feel players choke under it curtailing their individual brilliance. You have those one or two odd balls like Messi, KDB etc. But most players including Bernardo Silva would do much better and offer way more in a free-flowing system, where the structure is not all.

There is always this conundrum with Pep. Is he a very good coach or a very good tactician? I saw Haaland today, and he was playing as much non-Halaandish as you can expect from him, thanks to Pep. The guy takes the ball bulldozes towards the goal and rips the net for Dortmund. Today he looked like a Tall White Raheen Sterling trying to square balls to non-existing players.

Pep's system is so dominating at times players look repressed serving it. The system itself is great and attractive, but I do feel players choke under it curtailing their individual brilliance. You have those one or two odd balls like Messi, KDB etc. But most players including Bernardo Silva would do much better and offer way more in a free-flowing system, where the structure is not all.

I would imagine the idiot that wrote that about Pep’s system spent most of last season bemoaning they rags lack of organisation and no identity in their tactics?

Bernardo Silva wouldn't be a better player in other systems because his strengths (infinite engine, great dribbling and covering of the ball) are for team play, he doesn't have the creativity, shooting or passing skills for being an individual star. All the important players that have gone in Pep era have been worse in other teams (Sane is a shadow of what he was), and I don't think there is a single player in our team that doesn't play to the maximum of their abilities. Ederson is as free as a GK can be, same with KDB or Cancelo. Sterling was also played to his strengths (pace and movement) and the same will be with Haaland.

Yes, Pep has a rigid structure on his philosophy, but he adapts it perfectly to make each player a more complete and better suited for the team and the individual.

Good signs that he already looks settled and liked in the team. Flickering signs of him and Jack building up a decent friendship and connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.