9 | Erling Haaland - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
What stood out to me is that his physical presence when he presses makes defenders panic. We all know Jesus was superb at pressing because of the effort he put in...Haalands physicality means that he barely has to break into a sweat and he is on the defenders and they panic.

His presence also creates so much space as defenders are naturally drawn to him...foden especially if player further forward is going to a have a field day....

A front forward 3 out of foden, bernardo, alvarez and haaland would cause havoc.

Or:

Foden------Haaland--------Alvarez

--------KDB-----------Bernardo

----------------Rodri-----------------

Cancello--Laporte----Dias-----Walker

----------Ederson------------------------

That is a scary starting 11 ------work rate in the front 5 is phenominal, creativity in abundance, pace, finishing plus also walker and Cancello (or Cucurella if we get him) on the flanks - teams would have to go route one to get out.

You could then easily swap Alvarez and foden out for Mahrez/ Grealish ----would also be interesting to see Grealish more centrally with KDB pushing one of Foden or Bernardo out wide

If we need to be more solid centrally you drop one of those and add Phllips next to Rodri

What stood out to me is that his physical presence when he presses makes defenders panic. We all know Jesus was superb at pressing because of the effort he put in...Haalands physicality means that he barely has to break into a sweat and he is on the defenders and they panic.

His presence also creates so much space as defenders are naturally drawn to him...foden especially if player further forward is going to a have a field day....

A front forward 3 out of foden, bernardo, alvarez and haaland would cause havoc.

Or:

Foden------Haaland--------Alvarez

--------KDB-----------Bernardo

----------------Rodri-----------------

Cancello--Laporte----Dias-----Walker

----------Ederson------------------------

That is a scary starting 11 ------work rate in the front 5 is phenominal, creativity in abundance, pace, finishing plus also walker and Cancello (or Cucurella if we get him) on the flanks - teams would have to go route one to get out.

You could then easily swap Alvarez and foden out for Mahrez/ Grealish ----would also be interesting to see Grealish more centrally with KDB pushing one of Foden or Bernardo out wide

If we need to be more solid centrally you drop one of those and add Phllips next to Rodri

Someone sounds very excited

Nunez 4
Haaland 1 + Thunderstorm

:-( As if Manchester needed more rain.

The US Interior Secretary, thankfully (although obviously I wouldn’t wish injury on her either).

What was she doing hiking in the mountains, surely that’s the job of the exterior secretary? The interior secretary, should be in the kitchen doing the washing up / making dinner, or on hand when one wants a cup of tea!

It may have just been a sort of footballing PTSD unique to Bayern defenders, but the thing that stood out to me most last night in his short cameo was how his mere presence disrupted their defence. I don’t mean his runs or languid pressing or physically in the box—though that also plays a part.

I mean the obvious nervousness him just being on the pitch instilled in the Bayern back four. They were so focused on keeping him contained (good luck with that), they left immense amounts of space for Jack, Julian, and especially Kev.

Having Erling and Kev on at the same time is befuddling for the opposition. Who do we double mark? Who should be the focus of our containment strategy? Who is the bigger threat?

Then add Alvarez—when opposition defenders work out that he makes Gabby look like an especially docile pensioner having an early tea—and the guile and energy of Grealish, Foden, and Palmer to the mix and you have a nightmare for defensive setups.

This season is going to be very interesting (and hopefully glorious)!

But then you just gets posts like this one..

There is always this conundrum with Pep. Is he a very good coach or a very good tactician? I saw Haaland today, and he was playing as much non-Halaandish as you can expect from him, thanks to Pep. The guy takes the ball bulldozes towards the goal and rips the net for Dortmund. Today he looked like a Tall White Raheen Sterling trying to square balls to non-existing players.

Pep's system is so dominating at times players look repressed serving it. The system itself is great and attractive, but I do feel players choke under it curtailing their individual brilliance. You have those one or two odd balls like Messi, KDB etc. But most players including Bernardo Silva would do much better and offer way more in a free-flowing system, where the structure is not all.
And that’s all fact is it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.