9 | Erling Haaland - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Starved of service at the minute. Thought he looked decent dropping a little deeper to help with the build up, but if he's doing that we need to be set up with runners going past him.

He's suffering from our creativity slump unfortunately.

Sure, he can and will improve. But I think he is what he is ultimately and will always be that. That's perfectly fine and he will go on to break all kind of records. But Kane would have been huge for us today, his style of play.

We are in still transition phase this season, i don't think we will win any title which is very unfortunate for Haaland but that's football sometimes signing world class striker doesn't guarantee you win everything.

Said it before and will do again. Although he wouldn't have scored quite as many, Kane would have been a much better fit for us. He's a far better player than Haaland is ever likely to be.

Kane may be a better playmaker than Haaland but he'd just be occupying the spaces of our actual designated playmakers which doesn't fix the problem. We need forwards who stretch the entire length and width of the pitch and he wouldn't do that but Haaland does and can do even better if we utilise his runs and speed to get in behind. Something Harry Kane hasn't done for 5 years.

Sure, he can and will improve. But I think he is what he is ultimately and will always be that. That's perfectly fine and he will go on to break all kind of records. But Kane would have been huge for us today, his style of play.

Excuse me? HOW good could feckin Kane have been if nobody passed the ball to him exactly?

Kane may be a better playmaker than Haaland but he'd just be occupying the spaces of our actual designated playmakers which doesn't fix the problem. We need forwards who stretch the entire length and width of the pitch and he wouldn't do that but Haaland does and can do even better if we utilise his runs and speed to get in behind. Something Harry Kane hasn't done for 5 years.

Don't agree with any of that really, but each to their own.

Won’t see the best of Haaland until the wide forwards pull their fingers out of their arse. They create nothing for him. Best striker in the world being starved of service could only happen at City.

Excuse me? HOW good could feckin Kane have been if nobody passed the ball to him exactly?

Kane comes deep to collect the ball at times and his link up and hold up play is on another planet to what Haaland's is currently. He would get himself involved in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.