9 | Erling Haaland - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing that annoyed me last night was there was a point where someone played a through ball to him and he was in on goal. Yeah he didn’t get to the ball but that pass is on every game and we very very rarely try to play it.

You can see him ready to make the run and our players don’t get their heads up and pick the pass. Last night it didn’t come off but at times it will.

I know we like to keep possession with short passes, but we also should remember we have a player with blistering speed. Sometimes we need to send the ball early instead of being predictable. Haaland gives us those options.

Would be interesting to see how many runs he made where the pass was not made. It is getting silly.

Not his fault. I will refuse to blame him for anything. We had Aguero and we were doing just fine, probably best we have ever done. 2017-18 2018-19 we had striker. To say that going back from false 9 to No. 9 is tough for players is hilarious excuse

he doesn’t work if u don’t play for him. City‘s strength was that everyone could score.. guess it changed this season.

Imagine going two seasons and missing chances that stop you winning back to back quadruples, then getting the best striker in the world and turning into 2008 Stoke City.

File under the Typical City examples.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.