9 | Erling Haaland - 2023/24

He didn't offer much but it was worse when he went off, we were crossing balls into Alvarez like he could compete against Rudiger.

His hold up play was pretty poor again, to be considered a special player you have to have the ability to create something out of nothing sometimes, but that isn't him. Do wonder if he is injured in someway.

Mbappe isn't any better (I don't care if I am being baited). This season has been stopp start and you are forgetting he has had a lengthy injury and it looks like we are managing his fitness really carefully.
I think mbappe is also completely overhyped so I agree with your assessment! These guys are talked about in the same breath as messi and Ronaldo and they are miles away from those guys

I'd be tempted to bench Haaland and start Alvarez! Imagine that tonight. It was a little more stretched at times and Haaland would have probably thrived.

I don't really judge our strikers in these games. Pep wants control above all else when we play counter attacking teams like Real. So the early ball in behind or swung inis usually ignored whilst we pass it to death looking for an opening.

Not easy for either to impress when feeding off scraps.
To be honest mate I’d play neither Haaland or Alvarez at the moment.

I’d have Doku on the right, Foden as a false nine and Kev just behind him.

Kane is superior to haaland in almost everything. His heading, passing, build up play, technique, finishing are all a level above haaland imo. Hasland bas incredible pace but other than that Kane is the better player imo
Nope not by a long chalk. Kane when he was younger was very fortunate not be moved on at Spurs. Was released at Arsenal beforem hand too (similar situation to SWP). A few unremarkable loan spells mixed as well. Got lucky with both Sherwood and Pochettino and the rest is history. Not suggesting Haaland is better but not the worse either and still got a bit of time to improve his overall game injury permitting.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.