9 | Erling Haaland - 2023/24

Haaland is just not a good 9 for us. We need someone that presses like a mad dog and is really good in crosses (like a Dzeko that runs a lot). He can even be shit with his feet (I mean Haaland touches like 10 balls a game after all) as long as he is great at heading, positioning and presses a lot. He can be slow because with us it doesn't matter.

Or someone that is really mobile, great technique in small spaces, almost false 9 like (a Lautaro or a slightly better Gabriel Jesus).

The problem with Haaland is that he is really bad with headers, and his positioning in crosses is always the same, he is not that mobile outside of his runs. With space he is the best in the world, but we will never get that. We would have to change 5 players, and between changing 1 player or 5, I think the answer is pretty clear.
He hit the bar with a brilliant header.

He hit the bar with a brilliant header.
He was heavily marked there. Honestly, his heading technique is so bad that he is more likely to scored when he is marked (so he doesn't have time and space to plan his header) vs if he is completely alone.

Today, Bernardo made a wonderful cross, Haaland thanks to his physicality (and he is the best in the world at this) had an easy header to score. It wasn't even on target.

Another is from a corner, KDB makes a wonderful cross, Haaland is alone, but his technique is bad, so instead of going back allowing a teammate a tap in he goes on target, and from that angle it was impossible to score.

He takes the plaudits and rightly so when he is banging in the goals, last night he was poor.

His fitness is questionable and his confidence is shot.

injured, knackered, team as a whole is not firing in all cylinder, everyone parks the bus versus us.

i am really starting to think FC/FIFA cover curse thing is a thing

We have a big decision to make next season over Haaland as we need to adapt to his strengths because we will not be selling him as fir one he makes too much money for us and another he is potent when we get it right .

Did he have another good game Alfie? Or have you just watched him have his first bad one?
How much would you sell him for? Who to? (Tranmere? Oldham? Cos surely you dont believe a top side would want him?), and who do you sign to replace him thats better and that is available?

To answeer your question, i think he played as well as anyone tonight and i back the lad 100%. Youll be the one crying if he leaves and you have to watch him banging in the goals for another team.

See you at the parade that Erling's multiple goals are firing us towards.

We have a big decision to make next season over Haaland as we need to adapt to his strengths because we will not be selling him as fir one he makes too much money for us and another he is potent when we get it right .

Think last season half and quarter chances he was scoring them this season teams been doubling up on him he ain't taking those half chances and he is stopped making some of those runs because he thinks what's the point when no one passes to him!

I have mixed feelings on his performance last night.

Some of his play with his back to goal was/is absolutely rancid. For such a unit, he gets dispossessed far too easily. He has to learn to protect the ball much better, so that we can play the ball into him and build attacks off him. Despite the poor play outside the box, he was unlucky not to score and I think it’s clear that we lost something when he went off. We were completely dominant for 80+ mins but we didn’t look anywhere near as threatening when he was replaced.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.