9 | Erling Haaland - 2023/24

Pep is using him to draw multiple defenders giving others space but he himself must be frustrated with not being involved. We will have to change our playing style again or he will want a change. Very difficult situation ATM for all involved

There was no space

How much would you sell him for? Who to? (Tranmere? Oldham? Cos surely you dont believe a top side would want him?), and who do you sign to replace him thats better and that is available?

To answeer your question, i think he played as well as anyone tonight and i back the lad 100%. Youll be the one crying if he leaves and you have to watch him banging in the goals for another team.

See you at the parade that Erling's multiple goals are firing us towards.
Who said sell him? You said you’d never seen him have a bad game so i asked if last night was his first. Intrigued to see if you thought he played well again.There are not many great strikers about in world football at the moment to be honest.

Frustrating to watch this Season. I think its time to give alvarez the chance and starts for the next games.
He makes us less fluid in our build up and around the Box as he cant hold the ball. I know teams are aware of him all the time. But remember we won the league with a false 9

Last season he set a level and standard which no one thought he would do in his debut season. This year he’s way below that but still has v good contributions. We still play the same with him off the pitch? It’s a system/style of play issue not personnel. No one can say we are a much better team without him because where is the evidence.
How about 11 wins, 1 draw, 0 defeats

Frustrating to watch this Season. I think its time to give alvarez the chance and starts for the next games.
He makes us less fluid in our build up and around the Box as he cant hold the ball. I know teams are aware of him all the time. But remember we won the league with a false 9
Alvarez is playing even worse atm, it wouldn't hurt us to have a 3rd option from the bench, perhaps an experienced striker, must be quite a few out of contract this summer.

I think Haaland probably found it too easy in his first season, lots of (quite rightly) awards, award presentations etc and lost focus a bit. Now finding it much harder in his 2nd season and missing chances he would have scored last year, his movements in the box have stopped, used to get in front of the defender so often last year but not this.

Its down to Pep to get the team to suit him, unfortunately we just do not have enough finishers in the team to take the burden off him, hence why we again missed so many chances last night and got knocked out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.