9 | Erling Haaland - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we've got to come to terms with something a lot of us are missing.

Just like Sterling had 2 very different careers with us.. pre Lyon miss and post Lyon miss..

Haaland has had a very good pre-Aston Villa injury season with us. He had 18 goals in the PL this season racked up in November before that injury.

And just 2 since.. yes I know he scored some against Luton in the FA Cup but I'm not convinced he's completely healthy. Further proven by him coming off in the Madrid game.

I would actually rest him for the rest of the season and allow him to fully heal to go again next season. When he's on his game.. he's the best in the world.

And what we need this offseason is some players who can actually get the ball to him in a position he can score, not just recycling it side to side!

It's almost like Stones and Aguero.. when he's available and fully healthy.. he's unbelievable.. but Erling seems to be injury prone just like Kun was!

Just like Sterling had 2 very different careers with us.. pre Lyon miss and post Lyon miss..

Haaland has had a very good pre-Aston Villa injury season with us. He had 18 goals in the PL this season racked up in November before that injury.

And just 2 since.. yes I know he scored some against Luton in the FA Cup but I'm not convinced he's completely healthy. Further proven by him coming off in the Madrid game.

I would actually rest him for the rest of the season and allow him to fully heal to go again next season. When he's on his game.. he's the best in the world.

And what we need this offseason is some players who can actually get the ball to him in a position he can score, not just recycling it side to side!

It's almost like Stones and Aguero.. when he's available and fully healthy.. he's unbelievable.. but Erling seems to be injury prone just like Kun was!
If we rest him in this crucial run in it will be hard on other players like Alvarez. I would bring him on in games with 10 or 15 minutes to go and tell him to give it everything.

If we rest him in this crucial run in it will be hard on other players like Alvarez. I would bring him on in games with 10 or 15 minutes to go and tell him to give it everything.
It wouldn't work because the rest of his team mates would have given their all 75 minutes prior to the 10 or 15 minutes when he would come on. If anything, it might affect his confidence even further as he would be ready to run and give his all but the others would be exhausted at that point so the passes and link up play wouldn't come as he would like, unless Pep brings him in along with a fresh player like Doku on the wing or Kdb behind him (although chances are kdb would most likely be among the starting lineup so by the time Haaland comes in, kdb would probably be among exhausted players)

14 before injury and 6 since but I understand what you are saying.

Fact is, he hasn't been himself in terms of converting chances since maybe late April last season? That's when the goals started to dry up and despite his good goals return early in the season, he was still missing a lot of huge chances that he was swallowing up when he first arrived.

I don't think he is anywhere near fit since his return. City shouldn't be letting him anywhere near those pre-Euros warm ups. They are of no benefit to him or Norway anyway considering they haven't qualified and he either needs to get the issue seen to with surgery or be told to fully rest it.

We were better with Haaland on the pitch against Madrid than Alvarez. If you can't see that I don't know what to say.

Haaland has gravity and requires a CB to man mark him the entire match. Just because it's not reflected in the final match stats doesn't mean he's a "running red card". That's an absurd thing to say.

I'll admit he's been a subpar finisher around the goal this season but the nonsense about us being better without him needs to stop.
If you ask me we should‘ve play with a false 9 against them. No alvarez, no Haaland. Doesnt mean we would be trough now but you cant deny the fact that in 4 Games against Madrid (i don’t mention our record against the top sides this Season) haaland was a ghost.

How can u compare a start of haaland and a substitute of alvarez? Our players were already tired before we started the game what do you mention how fresh they felt After alvarez came on? Nonsense comparison Imo.

I can remember 5 pl goals from him since coming back from injury

2 v Everton
1 v Brentford
1 v Palace
1 x Luton

if he wouldnt be fit he wouldnt start and play often 90 mins in a row. its just an excuse. his form dropped heavily, he needs to be more aggressive as sometimes second rate defenders bully him with half his size and limit him to no chances. he has lot to improve luckily he is young and strikers usually reach their best age 26/27/28 imo.

As much as the goals have dried up it seems he hasn't had the ability to hold the ball up and link up play like he did last season. He was bullied in one on one's Rudiger in particular in the Madrid games but in general he seems more easily dispossessed in physical battles with his marker unlike last season.

This Brighton game is way too fluid and entertaining for my liking, needed my Viking to stand in the same position for 90 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.