9 | Erling Haaland - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I guess the Terminator has been released from the cryogenic chamber and all software has been updated , so what are we expecting this season ? If that was his "difficult" first season under Pep then it could well be something to savour ! Pep says he is fitter than last season so let's hope for fireworks .

Hmmmm... Funny how his thread is always so devoid of posts when he has a bad game.

Bad games happen but I will say I thought his pressing was pretty pathetic. I understand that's not his game but in the first half, he was at a canter as Saliba strolled through the midfield playing a pass to Saka which led to a great opportunity.

Shadow of his previous games vs Arsenal. Did he even touch the ball within 30yards of their goal?.. I don't know if it was him going off or Kev coming on but we actually started to threaten their goal once that happened. He's likely going to score loads of goals again but he still has a lot of improving to do so he can still affect the game when chances aren't coming his way.

Shadow of his previous games vs Arsenal. Did he even touch the ball within 30yards of their goal?.. I don't know if it was him going off or Kev coming on but we actually started to threaten their goal once that happened. He's likely going to score loads of goals again but he still has a lot of improving to do so he can still affect the game when chances aren't coming his way.

Not his fault we had no creative midfielders on the entire time he was on.

I think we have to find a way to fit Perrone in our midfield.

He seems to be our best creative midfielder after Kev unless Foden/ Bernardo are playing in the middle, but mostly they're on the wings.

Miss Cancelo's partnership with him, he was the only one that would actually put banger crosses for Haaland.

He seems to be our best creative midfielder after Kev unless Foden/ Bernardo are playing in the middle, but mostly they're on the wings.
I agree, althought I would exclude Bernardo. If Foden or KDB don't start, Haaland will always have a quiet game. Sometimes Grealish at his best can also produce good chances for him, but that's it.

Then he has to do something himself, adapt to what you have to work with, dont play as if Kev is on the pitch if he isnt. Had 1 defender between him and goal when we cleared to him at one point, instead of trying something he turned around and went backwards. A 6'5 brick shithouse with pace to burn, Gareth Bale vs Maicon it.

I mean let’s be honest, he was non existent today, at best.
But there was 0 creativity which isn’t his fault. Let’s see him fire back into scoring form on Friday, and not continue the baron run from the end of last season.

I think it was Ortega who played a nice ball to him that he brought down beautiful with his left but couldn’t get his shot off cleanly with his right while being marked by Saliba.

I believe what he’ll thrive off having someone like Foden who showed glimpses of quick build-up play with Erling in the preseason games. Foden in the middle really is something I’m looking forward to.

Kovacic almost got either one or two lovely through balls to him but was cut out by the opposition.

Haaland may never be utilised properly with the style of play at City but I’m sure and have faith that when he’s got a clear chance, he’ll bury it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.