9 | Erling Haaland - 2023/24

At this point, it's much likelier that he scores from outside the box or some other harder position than simple fucking sitter. He'll even come up with some uncharacteristically good pass before that. Seriously though, his finishing could use some sharpening and that's something I've been saying for some time now. I have no doubt that he can improve it.

I fucking love him and celebrate more when he scores more than anyone but let's be honest - some of these misses are criminal, almost every other game this season he's missing a sitter.

I wish the angry Haaland of the last moments was the default Haaland from the first whistle. Feel like he’s lost some of his aggression and the way he used to bully defenders. When you watch clips back of him early last season and compare him to now, he actually kind of meek. I really think he needs more aggression in his game again.

Really disappointed in how we used him today, spurs defend the half way line at time's, and for us to not too put him through despite the runs he was making against the high line was disappointing. KDB would have got him in behind no problem today.

It's hard. He has the best goal scoring stats you could ever wish to see, but at the same time he winds me up no end.

What I see with Haaland is the single best player I have ever seen for getting into the right positions to score goals. His strength, his awareness, his ability to lose the marker. No player I have ever seen has it. However, he is a million miles from being a clinical finisher. In 90% of the games I see, I come away thinking he should have scored more than he did. He misses so many sitters that's it's ridiculous.

I actually see a strange similarity with Raheem Sterling. He's got all the attributes, but somewhere there is a short circuit between his brain and his feet and he can't quite connect properly with the ball far too often.

At some point, somebody has to question him. Is he a great striker or is he a stat-padder? His stats are fantastic, but if you really analyse deeply, he scores in bursts, and he does so when the opposition is poor and he's on a confidence roll. Does he change games in the big moments? I have to say, given a choice between Erling and Sergio, when the chips are down, Sergio wins it ten times out of ten.

It's hard. He has the best goal scoring stats you could ever wish to see, but at the same time he winds me up no end.

What I see with Haaland is the single best player I have ever seen for getting into the right positions to score goals. His strength, his awareness, his ability to lose the marker. No player I have ever seen has it. However, he is a million miles from being a clinical finisher. In 90% of the games I see, I come away thinking he should have scored more than he did. He misses so many sitters that's it's ridiculous.

I actually see a strange similarity with Raheem Sterling. He's got all the attributes, but somewhere there is a short circuit between his brain and his feet and he can't quite connect properly with the ball far too often.

At some point, somebody has to question him. Is he a great striker or is he a stat-padder? His stats are fantastic, but if you really analyse deeply, he scores in bursts, and he does so when the opposition is poor and he's on a confidence roll. Does he change games in the big moments? I have to say, given a choice between Erling and Sergio, when the chips are down, Sergio wins it ten times out of ten.
I'm sure you'll take some heat for this post, but I completely agree.

Really disappointed in how we used him today, spurs defend the half way line at time's, and for us to not too put him through despite the runs he was making against the high line was disappointing. KDB would have got him in behind no problem today.
Bernardo is the worst offender when it comes to ignoring those opportunities. Rodri does too but has the excuse of not being a natural playmaker.

I'm sure you'll take some heat for this post, but I completely agree.
so what's your conclusion, should we let him go?

To be fair, last season, he was praised for being the most clinical finisher of all, and he was according to stats. He was crushing the XG stats. Now, it's balancing out. That's how staristics works. It levels out. He will have spells of clinical and wasteful games, as every other player in history. He did his part in link-up play and assist in all three goals. Buy hey, let the man go, he's a stat padder. we are tired of him, right?

so what's your conclusion, should we let him go?

To be fair, last season, he was praised for being the most clinical finisher of all, and he was according to stats. He was crushing the XG stats. Now, it's balancing out. That's how staristics works. It levels out. He will have spells of clinical and wasteful games, as every other player in history. He did his part in link-up play and assist in all three goals. Buy hey, let the man go, he's a stat padder. we are tired of him, right?
Did I say that?

No. I said that I don't see the reason to keep him on when we're trying to preserve a lead... Especially when he's playing poorly.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.