9 | Erling Haaland - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish the angry Haaland of the last moments was the default Haaland from the first whistle. Feel like he’s lost some of his aggression and the way he used to bully defenders. When you watch clips back of him early last season and compare him to now, he actually kind of meek. I really think he needs more aggression in his game again.
I copy that, and I wonder if the reason can be that he somehow has resigned a bit over the fact that one of his strongest features, breaking the off-side lock again and again, and NEVER get that fecking pass that he always used to get when playing in inferior teams, or earlier from Kev. It must do something to him, to never get that fecking pass?

Haaland could've had 3 assists in the game (Grealish chance and the one he setup Bernardo which was saved by the keeper)

I wish the angry Haaland of the last moments was the default Haaland from the first whistle. Feel like he’s lost some of his aggression and the way he used to bully defenders. When you watch clips back of him early last season and compare him to now, he actually kind of meek. I really think he needs more aggression in his game again.

I think that’s part of his game that’s never really been as good as it should be. The lead-up to their second goal today was him being shoved aside in a 50/50 on the halfway line and it happens an awful lot IMO.

2 Shocking misses which cost us the game, becoming sloppy this season, needs to get back to machine like levels if we have any chance of retaining this title.

2 Shocking misses which cost us the game, becoming sloppy this season, needs to get back to machine like levels if we have any chance of retaining this title.
Tickles me that commentators say “he is human after all”! When he misses a sitter.

He misses sitters every game. Its nothing new to us

What hes brilliant at is finding the space, being available.
What hes fuckin wank at is kicking a football. Scuffs a lot of shots.
Yesterdays two missed chances were inexcusable for the supposed worlds best striker

What also pissed me off is him waving his arms at the crowd asking for noise. He had just spent 15 minutes sulking about

I love Haaland and I am not going to go OTT criticising him for missing. He's world class but he's human and sometimes these things happen. Hopefully it will give him the fuel to fire him on to punish other clubs in the coming matches, starting with Villa?

What I think is he needs to take down his social media posts disrespecting the ref. Yes it's an absolute horrendous howler by the ref. However Erling is a role model to so many young people. He's probably in danger of receiving an FA charge, like Arteta, if he's not careful? Pep did the right thing post match highlighting the horrendous match changing mistake, but saying we all can make mistakes.

The red media and maybe the PL will be looking to get Haaland suspended, no one in the country but City fan's want us to win the PL again. The club should quietly take action to educate him as to what's acceptable in responding publicly to referee's mistakes and what's not, imo. We need our strongest team available in all future matches going forward.

Last edited:
His hold up play is improving and hes getting more stuck in.

We are just so reluctant to play the ball over the top and let him run onto it.

It's hard. He has the best goal scoring stats you could ever wish to see, but at the same time he winds me up no end.

What I see with Haaland is the single best player I have ever seen for getting into the right positions to score goals. His strength, his awareness, his ability to lose the marker. No player I have ever seen has it. However, he is a million miles from being a clinical finisher. In 90% of the games I see, I come away thinking he should have scored more than he did. He misses so many sitters that's it's ridiculous.

I actually see a strange similarity with Raheem Sterling. He's got all the attributes, but somewhere there is a short circuit between his brain and his feet and he can't quite connect properly with the ball far too often.

At some point, somebody has to question him. Is he a great striker or is he a stat-padder? His stats are fantastic, but if you really analyse deeply, he scores in bursts, and he does so when the opposition is poor and he's on a confidence roll. Does he change games in the big moments? I have to say, given a choice between Erling and Sergio, when the chips are down, Sergio wins it ten times out of ten.
Who in their right mind would even compare Kun to Erling? Everyone knows Kun is the guy you need to walk through the fire and get the job done. Ice in his veins, composed, resilient, lethal, great build up play, good control, great passing range. Come on now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.