9 | Erling Haaland - 2023/24

He’s injured. He was taken off because he was injured. If you watch his running at the end of the game, as he was coming to a stop after running, he was pulling up lame.

We know he’s been playing through foot injury(ies) and it looked pretty clear to me he was taken off injured.

Let’s see if he plays this weekend, or even makes the bench. Only way I can see it is through injections, if he is as injured as he looked.

He’s injured. He was taken off because he was injured. If you watch his running at the end of the game, as he was coming to a stop after running, he was pulling up lame.

We know he’s been playing through foot injury(ies) and it looked pretty clear to me he was taken off injured.

Let’s see if he plays this weekend, or even makes the bench. Only way I can see it is through injections, if he is as injured as he looked.
Well we play much better when he’s out injured so maybe that a blessing

It's a hard one and, thats because of his form at Dortmund and then his 1st season with us where he was totally dominant and bullied every team

This season, even though he sits on top of the scoring charts, has been really poor. Is it just one of those seasons, that can happen. Or is Haaland carrying a bigger injury that the club are keeping under wraps?

That prior form doesnt just disappear over one summer.

Next season is pivotal for him, as he will have to perform week in week out, mirroring that 1st season.

If, and its a big if, he doesnt and he has another season like this one then for me we have a huge issue with it just not being an ideal fit.

I dont think Alvarez is good enough, he hasnt really kicked on imo. I think we have to bring in someone (and again this is a huge ask) to try and find a player who closrly mirrors Aguero. Small, technically gifted who can work in tight spaces, and has an eye for goal.

I know we are well past the time of Sergio, but he would have even flourished in this current side, that is why we need to bring in someone in that mould (if there is someone out there like that who txiki can find)

According to Pep he, Kev and Akanji all asked to come off, either knackered or injured, Haaland first touch is terrible, he doesn’t hold the ball up and gets bullied, trouble is Pep will never change his style to suit a counter attacking Haaland, Madrid might want him but with Mbappe going there I don’t see how he would fit in with what they already have.

It's a hard one and, thats because of his form at Dortmund and then his 1st season with us where he was totally dominant and bullied every team

This season, even though he sits on top of the scoring charts, has been really poor. Is it just one of those seasons, that can happen. Or is Haaland carrying a bigger injury that the club are keeping under wraps?

That prior form doesnt just disappear over one summer.

Next season is pivotal for him, as he will have to perform week in week out, mirroring that 1st season.

If, and its a big if, he doesnt and he has another season like this one then for me we have a huge issue with it just not being an ideal fit.

I dont think Alvarez is good enough, he hasnt really kicked on imo. I think we have to bring in someone (and again this is a huge ask) to try and find a player who closrly mirrors Aguero. Small, technically gifted who can work in tight spaces, and has an eye for goal.

I know we are well past the time of Sergio, but he would have even flourished in this current side, that is why we need to bring in someone in that mould (if there is someone out there like that who txiki can find)

The most similar player to aguero ive seen in the last few years is going to real madrid. His name is endrick

Last edited:
I have mixed feelings on his performance last night.

Some of his play with his back to goal was/is absolutely rancid. For such a unit, he gets dispossessed far too easily. He has to learn to protect the ball much better, so that we can play the ball into him and build attacks off him. Despite the poor play outside the box, he was unlucky not to score and I think it’s clear that we lost something when he went off. We were completely dominant for 80+ mins but we didn’t look anywhere near as threatening when he was replaced.
Might have been something to do with Modric coming on that and being shattered. Saying that, if he was fit, he should have stayed on for me even if Alavarez came on with him. We should have gone for it more in ET.

The amount of excuses y'all make for this guy, if only you can go on every other thread and defend other players as well.

He did not score against Madrid last year as well and shot blanks in both finals (FA & CL) as well, so what's new?

I said it before and I'll say it again, against quality defenders, he's a no show.
All I was expecting him to do was to at least "create space for the others by occupying defenders".

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.