9 | Erling Haaland - 2023/24

We should be getting behind all our players, calling out the Viking is pathetic……
Imagine we called out Aguero like this in his 2nd season when we won nothing and he scored 12 in the league…

We’re favourites for the PL & FA Cup, which if we won, would be our 4th trophies this year.

We should be getting behind all our players, calling out the Viking is pathetic……
And in the ground everyone gets behind him. Enormously.
But this is an online player performance thread. It’s a thread set up to provide critique - both positive and negative.
If you don’t like the idea of that, probably don’t come on to these kind of threads, as you will always see someone with a critique you perhaps don’t like - it doesn’t mean people are vocally calling him out at games.

And in the ground everyone gets behind him. Enormously.
But this is an online player performance thread. It’s a thread set up to provide critique - both positive and negative.
If you don’t like the idea of that, probably don’t come on to these kind of threads, as you will always see someone with a critique you perhaps don’t like - it doesn’t mean people are vocally calling him out at games.
Agreed mate

Some people are weird, coming to a player thread where players are supposed to be criticized (constructively) or praised for their performances, but get mad when they don't see what they like being mentioned. Yet, you would find these same people criticizing other players in other threads, a bunch of hypocrites!

Why aren't y'all mad when Haaland gets praised after a good performance?

I did, chanted to every one of his goals.

Yes, Courtois was beaten, not by Haaland though
Logically then, he's not a world class keeper. :) Or is he only a world class keeper if he saves all of Haaland's shots, only?

Fact is Haaland has suffered this season from injury, lack of support and clearly low on confidence as a result of the expectations others like you place on him. Clearly the best thing we as City fans should do now is get on his back even more, isn't it. That'll make him a better player!

I don't buy this notion we are not creating him chances. We created 26 in normal time last night, of which some he got on the end of.

Statistically, Haaland is leading the pack in the PL with most big chances missed on 30, so the chances have been created.

I think his game has been found out and he has to go away this summer and tweak the parameters because if he carries on as it is it will be more of the same.

He looks a Championship striker at the moment, offering literally nothing to the team and it rightly has to be called out. He isn't immune. The guy is on 400k a week.

Also if he still carrying a knock, I think you have to question why Pep is persisting with him and not playing Alvarez. If he is still carrying a knock, playing him is just destroying his confidence even more.

A second half of the season to forget for him.

Have to remember he has been out injured. Have to remember how much of a freak last season was.

I also feel like we've changed the play style. Last season we were sending him through on goal for him to run onto, whereas this season doesn't feel like we do that as much.

I love the guy. What a striker, what a player. He will go on to be the best ever striker the league has ever seen.

I don't buy this notion we are not creating him chances. We created 26 in normal time last night, of which some he got on the end of.

Statistically, Haaland is leading the pack in the PL with most big chances missed on 30, so the chances have been created.

I think his game has been found out and he has to go away this summer and tweak the parameters because if he carries on as it is it will be more of the same.

He looks a Championship striker at the moment, offering literally nothing to the team and it rightly has to be called out. He isn't immune. The guy is on 400k a week.

Also if he still carrying a knock, I think you have to question why Pep is persisting with him and not playing Alvarez. If he is still carrying a knock, playing him is just destroying his confidence even more.

A second half of the season to forget for him.

His dad lost his mum and he lost his gran. He's never used that as an excuse. I would say his father is suffering as he will be at her loss. Football, work, is irrelevant when compared to the life of your co-creator.

His dad lost his mum and he lost his gran. He's never used that as an excuse. I would say his father is suffering as he will be at her loss. Football, work, is irrelevant when compared to the life of your co-creator.
I remember Ake playing a game the next day after loosing his dad but it's Haaland we're talking about, so we'll look for any excuse we can find under the sun, I guess

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.