9 | Erling Haaland - 2024/25

Tbf he has 9 in 4 with Kev in the mix, 1 in 4 without.
I’ll always be far to this guy because he’s a once in a generation player who we are so lucky to have it makes me Ill when he gets crucified for not scoring in a game where we didn’t get it past the first man with pretty much every cross.
There’s games where he doesn’t do much but fuck me I’ll take him having the odd off game than not playing for us.
Weird cunts in our fanbase who can’t wait to tell us what he’s not good at are, we’ll weirdoes.

i feel a bit for Erling in games like that - Wolves sat so deep there is simply no space for a striker of his type to run into, his entire game is flipped from being productive, mobile and constantly eyeing space to being simply a big man to absorb defenders. That was literally his role, to occupy one or maybe two defenders while we tried to craft chances in and around the penalty spot. Must get a bit tiresome for him, which showed towards the end of the game.

On days like yesterday, he may as well sit on the penalty spot doing his meditation pose for all the passes anyone could find the quality within themselves to create for him.

On the few occasions anyone did find him in a good position, Kovačić toe-ended the ball at his shins making it impossible to control and Lewis passed it to his wrong foot for the shot meaning he had to take it out on his right and check back rather than have a clean left footed shot at goal.

When Foden came on, he became a bit more involved with Haaland. Haaland did really well taking down Foden’s long ball out of the sky and then a nice pass to Nunes which won us the corner before the corner of the goal.

But I suppose yesterday aren’t really games for a player like Haaland. They’re games you need Agüero or Tevez, busy, tricky, quick feet, one-twos around the ‘D’ type players, rather than Haaland.

Last edited:
On days like yesterday, he may as well sit on the penalty spot doing his meditation pose for all the passes anyone could find the quality within themselves to create for him.

On the few occasions anyone did find him in a good position, Kovačić toe-ended the ball at his shins making it impossible to control and Lewis passed it to his wrong foot for the shot meaning he had to take it out on his right and check back rather than have a clean left footed shot at goal.

I know that's a joke, but I wonder if he could occasionally step back outside the box, just to mix things up. It would certainly drag the defence around a lot more, and create a little more space. And if there's a break, he's faster and stronger than Rico.

I know that's a joke, but I wonder if he could occasionally step back outside the box, just to mix things up. It would certainly drag the defence around a lot more, and create a little more space. And if there's a break, he's faster and stronger than Rico.
I did actually think that Arsenal. Move the centre halves around and create space for runners.

I’ll always be far to this guy because he’s a once in a generation player who we are so lucky to have it makes me Ill when he gets crucified for not scoring in a game where we didn’t get it past the first man with pretty much every cross.
There’s games where he doesn’t do much but fuck me I’ll take him having the odd off game than not playing for us.
Weird cunts in our fanbase who can’t wait to tell us what he’s not good at are, we’ll weirdoes.
Im not blamiing haaland for it, but kev is the best player we have at putting the ball exactly into the small space he has/gets for now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.