#9 | Gabriel Jesus - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
he will come good if he has an extended run with the first team. Still, i see him more as a wide forward, david villa style, pep doesnt seem to agree though

Unless I’ve misread this, he’s featured in 145 or so matches for us, scored 60 odd goals.

Where is this 3 goals every 4 matches statistic being drawn from?

Goals / 90 minutes I assume.

His goal returns are ~6% (per 90m) less than Kuns which is exactly where someone a notch below world class would be, and that’s our Gabby.

Lovely player and his work rate is fantastic but i'd rather him as another threat we have, rather than the main threat.
If that makes sense

The problem he has is Aguero, filling in for any other striker and there wouldn’t be so much pressure but filling in for such a goal machine is hard

he will come good if he has an extended run with the first team. Still, i see him more as a wide forward, david villa style, pep doesnt seem to agree though
I think Pep does want that, he wants a front 3 that scores goals. Look at how Barca played when they had Henry, Villa, Ibra, Messi and so on. We need to replace Sane with someone who gets 10-15 a season. I am sure Pep is looking for Sterling to get 10-15, Jesus 15-20, Mr X 10-15. A fluid front 3 that can interchange and not be stuck in their positions. I think Jesus is just fine, he shouldn't be compared to Aguero. He brings a lot to the team and I never feel like hes not giving it 100%.

comparing jesus with aguero is totally missing the point. Aguero is lethal in the penalty area, can make something out of nothing with two touches as well as anyone who ever played. That said, he obviously lacks the pace, defensive intensity and mobility of someone like Jesus. Very different players.

I do agree though that the most difficult and important thing in football is to put the ball into the net, specially for a striker, but its far from being/meaning everything. In the sense that if you dont work and play as a team player, you might not even get the ball near the goal in order to score

I think we need to replace Sergio while Sergio is still with us. I don't like the thought of Sergio leaving and then spending a fortune on a replacement who will then be under massive pressure instantly. Whoever it is needs to be eased in.

That's why Jesus becoming the main man would be the best solution. Its worrying that after 3 and a half years and Sergio's departure getting ever closer, most of us just dont have the faith in Jesus(no pun intended!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.