#9 | Gabriel Jesus - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m sorry I don’t see a single thing he brings to us barring running around a lot.

He’s constantly offside, he needs 6/7 clear cut chances to get himself a goal and it’s usually stat padding against crap teams whether that be in the premier league or carabao cup or FA cup. For our aspirations we need shut of him as he isn’t even cutting it as a back up forward and hasn’t progressed one single bit since his arrival if anything I think he’s gone backwards.

If the club receive a half decent offer this summer I’m pretty sure they’ll probably move him on.

Think he should be Sane’s replacement and we go out and buy a proper striker in the summer.

All of his strengths such as his work rate, time on the ball and dribbling are suited to a winger. Whereas his weaknesses of holding onto the ball too long and constantly being offside are ill suited to a striker.

His stand out performance in a City shirt was Madrid away where he played on the wide left as well.

We’d be mad to sell him though, he’s a very good player.

He continues to frustrate. On several occasions he tried to control a ball that needed hitting or heading first time. His first touch let him down a couple of times when a better touch would’ve put him in.

I think for me it felt as if we didn't have a striker on the pitch tonight. Not his fault as he clearly isn't a number 9. Aguero would have scored tonight as he would have found the positions to tap in from our forward play.

Top player but we need to think about another genuine goalscorer

Well to go against the narrative I thought he moved highly intelligently in the first half and created tons of space for Mahrez and Sterling (who both also moved very well) and it's no coincidence with him in the team that our other players always have so many chances. Harried as well as usual, gets himself into good positions, linked play up well and is beginning to showcase more skill than he has for a long time.

Should have scored really at least one of the two times, but again he showcases his ability to get into a good goalscoring position. He definitely needs that first goal for confidence's sake; we saw what it did for Sterling.

However he didn't score and was offside that time so despite statistically being a good goalscorer with an excellent rate of scoring and team goals being unaffected with him in the team I must go out of my way to point out in my post that he will never ever be good enough for us.

Everytime he doesn't score you get the queue of people to tell us he's not gonna cut it.
Most seem to say as a pure striker like sergio,a lot,including me think he is better as a goal scoring winger and we get a striker with more of a kun skill set but a young one so they fight it out in more equal terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.