#9 | Gabriel Jesus - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
its non sense to compare him to aguero, jesus isnt a poacher, you gotta look at his workrate, ability to push center backs into positions that enable his teammates to have a go at goal and assists, obviously. I dont think he'll ever be a killer finisher, but if you gave him a steady run for a season he would score 20 goals or thereabouts in the league. Which is rather good i think and similar to aguero's numbers.

Now, if hes the future starter for man city, you'll need to have strong contributions from other wings and attacking mids. I do recognize the importance of having a killer in that position, as in without aguero the QPR miracle wouldnt have happened. In tight games it sure helps to have someone who can score out of nothing, of course. Lewandowski aside - and kun i guess - pep never favoured those type of players though

No it's calling his rate of contributing to goal totals exemplary. It's the third best in the league behind only De Bruyne and Aguero, two absolute stars. No mention of finishing whatsoever.

It's implied. No one really denies Jesus can contribute especially in a team that scores as many as we do.

He was excellent last night, lots of movement and making space. Some were slamming him for the “1 on 1” but the ball held up weirdly and he had to readjust very quickly to get his effort away - it could have easily sat up differently and allowed him to have more time for his finish. I really rate the lad and really can’t understand the negativity.

It's like people sit there watching each game with a fucking "reasons Gabby will never be good enough" bingo card and just look to get that line completed and ignore everything good he does.

If you go out for Sunday Lunch and the chef is really good at cooking veg, but the meat, potatoes, gravy and yorkshire's are only good 1 out of every 7 or 8 attempts then you're going to be left disappointed unless you're a vegan and judge roast dinners by obscure measurements, in which case you're just weird by definition and don't have much merit to your argument.

Had the perfect opportunity to cap off a decent if quiet display with a great header, but he cocked it up, again. His reaction told you he knew he had too and his frustration at it, so it's not like he doesn't want to be better at it too.

Figured this thread would be a mess and it is. This is straightforward for me. If and when his finishing gets up to the standard of the rest of his game he'll be an absolute terror. And there's no reason in particular to think he can't do it given his age, work ethic, and how we just saw Raheem do exactly this.

This is my big hope. I love the player and appreciate his work rate and team effort. His positional awareness is often poor, however. Still young but we need to start seeing an improvement in this area. I’m sure the coaches are working on it.

If you go out for Sunday Lunch and the chef is really good at cooking veg, but the meat, potatoes, gravy and yorkshire's are only good 1 out of every 7 or 8 attempts then you're going to be left disappointed unless you're a vegan and judge roast dinners by obscure measurements, in which case you're just weird by definition and don't have much merit to your argument.

Had the perfect opportunity to cap off a decent if quiet display with a great header, but he cocked it up, again. His reaction told you he knew he had too and his frustration at it, so it's not like he doesn't want to be better at it too.
Did you see that header he got at the Bernerbau to make it 1-1 against RM, great header wasn't it, he was marginally off side with another great header last nite, Gabby has absolutely nothing to worry about, I wouldn't call it a "cock up" ffs.

Looking at PL and CL games only, City have an 80% win rate with Jesus starting and 60% with Agüero starting.

We score 2.8 goals per game with Gabby vs 2.6 with Kun.

Most interestingly, we concede 0.6 goals per game with Jesus starting versus 1.2 with Agüero. That’s a pretty sizable difference.

The general argument is usually that Agüero tends to start the bigger games. The counter argument would be: should he?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.