#9 | Gabriel Jesus - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Based on today the same could be said of Raz, Kev, and Foden, though, as they all *just* missed good chances from low crosses in the box (in a few cases the same chances Gabby missed).

I think we hold Gabby to a higher standard to everyone else because, as my previous jokes alluded to, we collectively think his only purpose is to score goals. And he is responsible for all our goals.

And that would be the case if he played in a Mourinho or Solksjaer or Pochettino side.

But Pep wants him to do different things in a different role, and that role means he is not the focal point, at least not for scoring goals.

That is something Sergio had to adapt to when Pep came (and he did it very well).

I think Gabby fits that role perfectly. And our goal tally supports that (especially the different number of players scoring goals).
Then tell me mate, why do we constantly put mouthwatering juicy crosses just where they should be, between the last defender and the goalie and have no one anticipating that we are going to do what we probably spend half our training time doing.
It’s so frustrating.
And I still think Gabby is a wonderful player but ffs!

Before he was a tap in merchant. Now he's not enough of a tap in merchant.

Whatever next?!
now he's being blamed for not scoring from crosses that aren't as good as the haters want to believe instead of blaming the slow, ill-timed, off target players providing them.

now he's being blamed for not scoring from crosses that aren't as good as the haters want to believe instead of blaming the slow, ill-timed, off target players providing them.

So he’s the only sane one in a team that’s gone mad?? Come on, the more likely explanation is that he’s simply a day late and a dollar short too often

I thought he was ok but how many shots did he have, how many times did he *look* like scoring?

Are we seriously praising him for looking half-decent against a team that won’t be in the division next season? We’ve Real Madrid in 2 weeks and if that’s the best he can do then we better hope the government quarantines their team for a fortnight

Despite a decent(good if I’m generous) run for a couple of weeks prior to lockdown he’s just not up to it and a goal against a team that struggled to get 20 points won’t change my opinion

Always a day late and a dollar short

Cash in, if possible
Is this a serious post?

I've seen him blamed for not being in the box for crosses when in reality he was the one who started the attack from deep to create the opportunity.

He can maybe be a bit more alert at times (he should have been more ready for the Sterling ball across) and sometimes he should maybe beat the defender. It's clear he has areas to improve, but it's clear some people don't acknowledge his strengths whatsoever.

With most boo boys the criticism is consistent (eg Gundogan), but with Jesus every week there's something new and contradictory to be said. Whatever suits the narrative.

How else do you think I came up with Jesus bingo?

NbMaB2B.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.