#9 | Gabriel Jesus - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then tell me mate, why do we constantly put mouthwatering juicy crosses just where they should be, between the last defender and the goalie and have no one anticipating that we are going to do what we probably spend half our training time doing.
It’s so frustrating.
And I still think Gabby is a wonderful player but ffs!

The issue with those crosses is the wingers not making back post runs. Foden does it, but Sterling only does it on the right, and Mahrez can never be arsed. It was a feature of our Sterling-Sané partnership that they'd make those runs for each other but it's broken down since.

Jesus (and Aguero when he's playing) is usually finding gaps in and around the penalty spot, or occupying the centre backs, but one of the problems is the strikers start so many of our attacking moves by dropping deep and laying it off that we need the wingers and attacking mids to make those runs as well because the strikers can't drop deep to start attacks and then also be the furthest forward attacker when an early cross comes in.

The issue with those crosses is the wingers not making back post runs. Foden does it, but Sterling only does it on the right, and Mahrez can never be arsed.

Jesus is usually finding gaps in and around the penalty spot, but one of the problems is he starts so many of our attacking moves by dropping deep that we need the wingers and attacking mids to make those runs as well.
Yeah, it’s a good point. He wasn’t close to most of the crosses, I need to look again at the replays. I felt that Aguero would have been on the end of two or three today. I know we won comfortably today but I am more thinking about missing these type of chances in the CL.

Yeah, it’s a good point. He wasn’t close to most of the crosses, I need to look again at the replays. I felt that Aguero would have been on the end of two or three today. I know we won comfortably today but I am more thinking about missing these type of chances in the CL.

Well you can watch Aguero's goals this season on Youtube and only 3 of them come from attacking the 6 yard box for a cross - one from a Jesus cross.

So if he's only scored 3 of those in 17 starts this season I'm not sure why you'd expect them today. He actually scores more from being in stationary and getting a cross to him.

The wingers are the ones who need to attack those crosses.

Are we seriously praising him for looking half-decent against a team that won’t be in the division next season? We’ve Real Madrid in 2 weeks and if that’s the best he can do then we better hope the government quarantines their team for a fortnight

The same Real Madrid where he embarrassed arguably the greatest centreback of his generation for the equaliser before getting him sent off and banned for the return leg?

You didn't think this through, did you?

The amount of disrespect that this lad recieves is ridiculous people are always hlighlighting negative stuff towards him while this season was the best of his career in fact since he joined City he only improved the numbers are there and you can see it , 22 goals and 13 assists wich is 35 goals contributions in a season it is pretty good while people are praising Martial , Rashford and Lautaro for good seasons they simply put a blindfold when It comes to Gabriel i don't like to make comparasings but Gabriel contributed in more goals this season than Anthony (33) , Marcus (32) and Lautaro (24) and that by playing less minutes than them .

So he’s the only sane one in a team that’s gone mad?? Come on, the more likely explanation is that he’s simply a day late and a dollar short too often
too often is your ancient saying, that's not correct.
and what the hell are you on about? sane?, team gone mad?
your either a rag or a dipper, no blue would garner the hate and look past the good he does that you do.
get behind him and encourage him, there's a lad.

One thing nobody can question for Jesus is his work rate & love for the shirt. His attitude is incredible.

Many times this season he has frustrated the hell out of me but his stats are very good.

we all know Aguero has one more season & he will be injured again so regardless of Jesus we need another goal scorer.

would love Jesus to score the winner in champs league final for us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.